[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - CNC flowbench? - Think of the possibilities!

CNC flowbench? - Think of the possibilities!

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby John » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 pm

I'm throwing this idea out as sideways thinking logic of what could be achieved without a great deal of complexity.

I am using software called TurboCNC by DAK Engineering to control a converted manual metal lathe for both turning and light 3D milling. This software is capable of controlling eight axes as well as 40 lines for I/O from a printer port or two.

I think this software could be used to build a CNC controlled flow bench that would allow the user to do fully automated flow testing.

Just think about it for a moment, with an automated valve opener set up on each valve, automated flow reversing valves in the bench, and speed control for the blowers, you could flow test both intake and exhaust flows for each cylinder at the push of a button under computer control. All of this could easily be accomplished without needing to carefully adjust the valve opener knob, or read the dial gauge. The possibilities would only be limited by ones imagination.
John

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon May 04, 2009 12:45 am

Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby racear » Tue May 12, 2009 6:01 pm

My flow bench has two 3 inch bleed off valves to set depression. I am in the process of making two servo motors too control the depression. Also have looked at a servo for the valve. Will be using Mach3 as I have that on two mills that I built. Am converting a 1992 Chevalier now too 4+5 axis so that I can port and polish. am building the trunnion now. #### aint enough hours in the day as I am working on a crankshaft balancer now
racear
racear

Return to Flowbench General