[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - audie help

audie help

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby K-Star Automotive » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:39 pm

I am a new bench builder and looking for some set-up help.

The bench is a mercdog style bench with-out the orfice plate. I installed a spacer plate between the top plate and the valve chamber plate. I run the air out the back of the bench and bring it back in between the top plate and the spacer plate i installed.

I did a dry test on the bench before i had it all sealed up and had something stupid like 150cfm of leakage. I took the bench all apart and sealed everything.

Now here is my problem, With bruce's 150 cal plate i can only read 148.7 cfm ( all test at 28") with the calbration knob on the back of the flow quick unit as far counter clock wise
( viewed from the back) as it will go. If i switch to the 300 cal plate it reads 288cfm. If i turn that knob clockwise it is down to 135 cfm on the 150 plate.

If i go into the test set up and change the flow adjustment (%) box to 110% then i can adjust the knob on the flow quick so it reads 152 with the 150 plate and 298 with the 300 plate.

I don't think i should need to fudge it that way??? But i am not sure. I am totally new at this L.O.L.

Am i missing something in the actual installation of the flow quick???

Keith
K-Star Automotive

Postby bruce » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Keith, I would say (not knowing Audie's product) that if you "fudge" the readings and they come out that close then you are doing what it needs. I think the Flow Quick uses a pitot setup? In which case temp and baro come into play?

I'm shooting from the hip though not knowing the Audie product line . . .

Edited By bruce on 1202682459
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:29 pm

I have a FlowQuik and have had to make adjustments inside the box itself to get my calibration. I was having the same issue where I had to turn my calibration knob all the way one direction. If you call Audie he can help you do the right ones. Make sure you have the top off your FlowQuik first. You might want to send him an email telling him of your trouble. He gave me his personal extension but I have lost it. There are some adjustments inside that can be done with a very small screw driver. Potentiometers like devices that set the calibration on the pressure sensors. You should be able to dial it right in.

John
106-1194218389

Return to Flowbench General