[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Quick Disconnects for velocity probe - Where is that link?

Quick Disconnects for velocity probe - Where is that link?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby slracer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi all, Within the last month (or so), there was a pic posted of some really nice quick disconnects. I asked and was given a link to the site, but now can't find that post. Can someone "refresh" my memory? Thanks! -- Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby bruce » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Page 182 to 186 of the online Mcmaster Carr catalog has a good selection. The link you saw was probably in the PTS Plans area
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby slracer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:18 am

Thanks Bruce, I found it again. It didn't make sense that I couldn't "Search" it. I was also looking online again and found that our old buddy Clippard has a variety also. Their stock number is MQC-3 for the threaded connector version shown here:

At $3.45 and Clippard quality, I'm going to give them a try on the updated bench. This IS becoming an addiction! :p -- Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 am

Doug,

Updated Bench??? Are you coming to the dark Side? :;):

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby slracer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Rick, I thought a Pitot bench WAS the dark side! It at least falls into the "ugly stepsister" category! :D

During my problem with the vertical suddenly reading low and the inclined not changing (resulting in 125+% flows), I decided that some things could have been done better so am "updating". I started with better quality vinyl tubing so the kink doesn't repeat. I also added an "indexing" capability for the variable inclined manometer. When the vertical is set to some desired inches of rise, I can flip 2 switches and dial in that rise on the variable. Then switch back to "Run" mode and test. I also needed to add a velocity probe so am doing that (using the disconnects in this thread). Since I was revising the control panel, I added another switch for future "growth" (such as Max' chamber light for port viewing) and am "dressing it up" a bit too. I won't be able to work for a week or so as I am helping move my mother-in-law to an assisted living facility and prepare her condo for sale but will post some pics when I finish. OH! I also have to finish work on my LOGO! :p -- Doug
slracer

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Doug,

It sounds like you are moving in the right direction; I really like the calibration switching Idea. As for light look at the depot as they have a really nice low profile halogen under counter light for like $9.99 (30W 120VAC).

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby slracer » Sat May 16, 2009 10:04 am

Hi all, Here's a look at the quick disconnects I am using on my bench upgrade. They are from Clippard, part number MQC-3. As assembled but without the 1/8" hose barb on the right side (in photo), they measure only 1-3/8" long and the largest diameter is less than 7/16". The "open" end is threaded for a 10-32 barbed fitting (on this model, others are available), but the fitting is NOT included. The fitting on the left integral and IS included. Details are available at:

I have shown one unit assembled and "attached" to a dummy panel and the other still unassembled. List price is only $3.45 each (but shipping+handling adds a lot more). They are typical Clippard quality, all brass, etc. I'll let you know how they work out, but I have to make a new manometer first. :D

Doug
slracer

Return to Flowbench General