[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Superflow counter top mounting pattern - Standard pattern for head fixture?

Superflow counter top mounting pattern - Standard pattern for head fixture?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby stef-1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi All,

I wondered if it's possible for any of you to provide the dimensions of the open hole (diameter), head fixture mounting pattern (PCD) and thread size/type that is used on the counter tops of the Superflow benches.
I tried a few searches on here but could not find anything. I would like to do my top the same as a Superflow so I can use some of the clear perspex fixtures etc. that are available for them.
Hope you guys can help!

Stef
stef-1

Postby 86rocco1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Tom V should be able to verify or refute this but I recall reading that the Superflow bench has a 5" diameter hole and square bolt pattern centered on that hole with 5" bolt centers, thread size I'm less certain of, I've read both 3/8"unc and 5/16" unc, I don't know which is correct.
86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 pm

I've have seen this published before but I still wonder how you can put bolt holes on 5" centers surrounding a 5" hole?? I did not bring it up before because I thought I was missing something and I may very well be, but it seems with this statement half of the bolt hole would be in the flow hole itself. I am confused. Is it a bolt hole 5" from the center of the flow hole?

John
106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:14 pm

86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Thanks for the drawing. I just could not get my mind around it. I was going to sit down and do that tonight but you were nice enough to supply a drawing. It almost seems like an optical illusion. Thanks.

John
106-1194218389

Postby stef-1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 am

Thanks, for that. I looked elsewhere online and it seems that 5" is what they use.
I was also wondering if it's benificial to machine a o-ring groove in the counter top for better sealing?
stef-1

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:57 pm

Agree on the 5" deal. The "O-ring" eliminates somer clay cleanup but my lower slider fixed plate has always just been sealed with some clay around the edges. No o-ring. The upper plate to slider plate does have the o-ring.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby DWC » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:57 am

Fastener diameter and thread hasnt been covered with the replies at present so i will add that my SF110 has 1/4unc screws securing the head adapter in place but the SF bore adapter does have holes in it that you can slip a 5/16 bolt in to. Not sure if the larger benches use the 5/16 screws.
Darrin.
DWC

Return to Flowbench General