[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - how to wire 10 16-1234 motors

how to wire 10 16-1234 motors

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby zc1.8crx » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:16 pm

hello im new to this and its my first attempt in building a flow bench,my question is how do you wire 10 16-1234 vacuum motors. I mean do you wire it in series or parallel its going to be used on 110v household current. thanks for any help :D
zc1.8crx

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:49 pm

A quick Google search shows those motors to be rated at 12Amps. 10 of them on a single 110VAC circuit sounds like a precursor to a 911 call for the fire department.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ to you...just not a good idea at all in my opinion.

Best Regards

Larry
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:57 pm

Forgot to mention something about the specs on those motors. The 127CFM rating is probably a dead head reading, ie. they put a guage right on the actual entrance of the air intake on the motor to obtain that cfm number.

At 16$ a piece, they're certainly cheap enough for brand new units. The saying "you get what you pay for" usually holds true in all things.

Larry
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 2seater » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:13 pm

2seater

Postby zc1.8crx » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:40 pm

I did a google search and found some info on what i needed to do,thanks guys.
zc1.8crx

Postby Terry_Zakis » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:37 am

You should be able to take two of these 110 volt motors, and wire them in series, across a 220 volt line, and cut the amperage in half. Still, when designing my flow bench set up, I figured on 8-motors, and ran a separate 100 amp subfeed to my shop for this. That way I'd still have room left over for other devices. So 10-motors is a bunch!

Terry Terezakis
Western Massachusetts, USA
Terry_Zakis

Return to Flowbench General