[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - newbie bench questions...

newbie bench questions...

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Tony » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:35 am

Another way would be two separate blowers with non return valves in each. No need to do anything except to apply power to one blower or the other. I don't think anyone here has ever tried anything like that. Just thinking out loud...
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby larrycavan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby blownalcohol » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:49 pm

Well, I think I have decided to go with the vacuum motor setup. It just makes the most sense for me right now. I'm going to build the bench with a removable vacuum box which will allow me to go the blower route later should I decide to.

My question now is about wiring of the motors. I have searched "from the beginning" for some schematics of how people have wired their motors together...ideas on junction blocks, etc. and haven't found much. If someone knows of a thread I missed, let me know. If not, I would appreciate some input from guys who have done it. FYI.. I'm going to use 12 motors and probably build the box for 14, just in case.

Once again, thanks for everyone's help.

Newbie out.
Jeff Fagala
jdfperformance.com
blownalcohol

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:59 pm

Tony,

Quote:

"Separate the blower box from the flow bench entirely, and just swap around the external air connections manually in seconds. Something simple like a box on casters with the inlet on one side, and exhaust on the other. To reverse the flow, just uncouple it from the bench and turn it around. The blower box could also be located remotely, or behind a wall to reduce noise. This modular approach also provides a convenient future upgrade path."

I saw that deal used many many years ago with the first Car Craft flow bench project. The motor box was reverseable for intake or exhaust flow.

Here is a link to the flow bench motor wiring schematic I have posted in the past: You may have to paste the link in your url search box. It worked for me though.

SF has used a similar deal on their export benches and
I have built at least 8 benches with those parts and wiring.

The schematic is designed for motors is "sets" of 4 motors but you can "add" to the schematic if you cut and paste the info

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby blownalcohol » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:11 pm

Thanks Tom!!!

I really appreciate everyone's help.

:D
Jeff Fagala
jdfperformance.com
blownalcohol

Previous

Return to Flowbench General