Flow Performance RBV Valve

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby cspeier » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:06 am

Hi Guys,

I received a new toy from John at Flow Performance. It a RBV valve. Along with the FP1, standard version, the RBV will adjust depression for you! You can enter the desired settings and the FP1 and RBV takes care of the rest! It's the coolest item I've received! After the FP1 that is.

Basically it gets plumbed into the section of the bowls. I used 4" PCV pipe. The unit then connents via a cable to the FP1. You set the settings at depression and turn on all the motors. The FP1 talks to the RBV and opens and closes to acheive the desired depression! WAY COOL!! Some of the things I've found while playing with the unit..

*Turn all the motors on! Saves on start-up
*Open your intake/fuel bowl all the way up, NO MORE ADJUSTING!!!
*Run your valve down and watch the RBV find your depression
*You can set the RBV and 10", 15" 28" even 36

I'm impressed with this unit. If anyone has any specific questions, post or email. Along with the FP1 and RBV, flowing has become faster, easier, and more accurate. John, thanks again for the great product and great service..

Chad
cspeier

Postby Mousehouse1 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Ok John and Chad share with us what is involved in installing one and what is the cost?
Mousehouse1

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:24 pm

I agree John, show us the part and some info and what it costs! LOL!

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Mouse » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:35 pm

Here is a picture of the production prototype. This is a 3" valve. It will fit into 3" PVC or ABS platic pipe couplers or any plastic 3" slip joint.

It plugs into the Flow Performance FP1 Standard electronic flow rate processor with a standard 1/8" or 3.5mm stereo audio cable. You set the depression window you want into the FP1, turn on your air, and the FP1 will control the valve to restrict air flow or to bleed off pressure (prefered operation) to achieve the desired pressure. It's kind of fun to watch it in action.

3" valves $299.00, 4" valves $339.00.

Sorry for the delay Martin, I didn't see your post.

John
Mouse

Postby Mousehouse1 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:02 pm

No problem John. I have been busy trying to work out a few problems with my bench.
Mousehouse1

Return to Flowbench General