[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Another newbie says hello (and help) - Intro and bench description

Another newbie says hello (and help) - Intro and bench description

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby 115-1170124124 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:48 am

[color=#000000]Hi all, This is my first post, after reading as many others as I could. A friend of mine loaned me his AudieTech Flow Quik setup, but wants it back ( a lot of nerve!) so I decided to build my own. Not having his $$ has led me to a pitot style bench and, initially, a manometer setup. My needs are somewhat less than most on the forum as I am interested in 100cc engines in motorcycles. (If I get really crazy, I may go all the way to 175cc!) My shop vac has shown a corrected 60CFM @ 28 in wc (and over 40CFM @ in wc actual using the FlowQuik setup) on a set of heads that is cleaned up, but not really ported, so you get the idea. Just before I found the forum, I started construction of my own bench: A used computer table from the local thrift store supplies the structure ($3) and I fabricated a 10 in (inside) cube to provide the plenum chamber. One of my cylinders is used as a head adapter so I get the real effect of shrouding. I used some
115-1170124124

Postby 115-1170124124 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi again, I tried to post a pic of the bench, but it didn't work so you can see it here (along with the reasons I want it!).

slracer (aka Doug)
115-1170124124

Postby Tony » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:06 pm

Hello there Doug, welcome to the Forum.

That all sounds like a pretty good effort and should work very well. I cannot help verify your pitot calculations, but others here far more knowledgeable in that area will be better able to help.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Return to Flowbench General