[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Blue gauge oil - Where do i get the blue gauge oil?

Blue gauge oil - Where do i get the blue gauge oil?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Darin Morgan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 am

Does anyone know where to get the violet/Blue inclined manometer oil for the SF600 bench? Does anyone know the specific gravity of this particular oil? I know I can get it from Superflow but I don't want to pay 250% mark up if I can help it!
Darin Morgan
R&D / Product Development Manager
Profiler Performance Products
221 S Main ST
New Carlisle
Ohio 45344
Phone 937-846-1333
Fax 937-846-1889
dmorgan@profilerperformance.com

Darin Morgan

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:51 am

Darin,
Hello, long time no hear from you.

We have been discussing going to DOT 5 silicone brake fluid. SG .958

Non toxic, will not remove paint etc and is violet blue in color. I think you can get 12 oz of it for around $8 at AutoZone. Do not use any other brake fluid though.

John
106-1194218389

Postby Scott H » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Darin,
It is probably spendy here too, but:

Yours is the 1.91 SG
Scott H

Postby 86rocco1 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:53 pm

I checked that Dywer website and the blue gage oil is 1.910 sg, their part # is A-110 for the 3/4 oz bottle and A-111 for the 1 pint bottle. It's ridiculously expensive stuff though, $44 for the small bottle and $884.00 for the pint. I found it a little cheaper at $34.69 for the small bottle.

Curious though, how much does Superflow want for it?
86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:34 pm

Darin,
Here is a old thread that I found and may answer your question.

"Turns out the problem seems to be with my gauge oil in the incline manometer. The company I dealt with when I bought it buys large quantities and then parcels it out in smaller bottles with no labels on them. What they were referring to as "blue" gauge oil was actually Dwyer violet oil with a specific gravity of 1.00. The proper blue oil should have a specific gravity of 1.91. I have a container of blue on the way to me from Superflow which should fix the problem."

Looking at these other posts I think it would be cheaper to build a new inclined manometer and use the DOT 5 - I bought the acrylic tubing I needed in 1/8" and 1/4" id and have plenty if you wanted to venture that route. You could also calibrate it using Ed's spreadsheet.
106-1194218389

Postby 49-1183904562 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Darin,

Looks like Grainger has the ok price on it.

Rick

Oh and it looks like Violet is 1.0 and Blue is 1.91 by these listings
49-1183904562

Return to Flowbench General