[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Can I use US Ameteks? - Being that you have 120 V and I 240V...

Can I use US Ameteks? - Being that you have 120 V and I 240V...

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby SWR » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:41 am

As the topic says... I have 240V 50Hz 1-phase in my sockets. As I understand,you guys in the US have 120V,right? Is there a way that I can connect or bridge them so I can use the same Surplus Center ones that are in common bench use over there? I need a temporary upgrade until I get the big blower going...
SWR

Postby ThomasVaught » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:16 am

Based on experience:

1) Most of the"Blue Benches" use Ametek 110 Volt 115923 motors wired in 220 volt Parallel circuits.

Example:

a) One black wire from motor #1 goes to one leg of the 220 circuit.

b) One black wire goes from Motor #2 to one leg of the 220 circuit.

c) The white wires of both 110 motors are tied together.

This is the wiring for two motors. If you run 6
motors you would duplicate this wiring three times.

Each leg of the Black wires has a high amperage
fuse (or Breaker) feeding it (Just like 220 volt house wiring).

The advantage with this circuit is that the motors act like 220 volt motors BUT if one motor fails the circuit will immediately kill the other motor on the 2 motor circuit.

Perhaps someone has the 220 wiring for the "Blue Bench" in their instruction manual and can send you a copy of it. It will help you understand what they did, nothing more.

I take no responsibility for any wiring issues or injuries based on my comments.

Tom Vaught
ThomasVaught

Postby SWR » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:26 pm

SWR

Postby jsa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:56 am

Pairs of motors in series as Tom describes will work for you.

The motors will run a bit faster, at 120V each instead of the 110v they are rated for, and deliver a bit more flow. Nothing major though.
Cheers

John
jsa

Return to Flowbench General