[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - On E-Bay - Home built bench

On E-Bay - Home built bench

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby trader » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:21 pm

There have been a lot of benches for sale lately on e-bay. Last week a couple of SF benches. Today a home built bench with a ring compressor. What's your opinion.....trader

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flow-Bench-Complete-for-Flow-Testing-a-Must-See_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43989QQihZ016QQ
itemZ260024866343QQrdZ1]bench link[/url]
Changing one thing, changes everything...
trader

Postby larrycavan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:52 am

Well...that's all well and fine but aren't we all about building your own flowbench?

Anybody with a fist full of dollars can buy one? We're all poor people with motivation and inspiration...arent' we? :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby trader » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:47 pm

I see the link no longer functions for some reason. This is not my item, nor do I know the individual who has this item. I live in Texas, not Wisconsin. My intention was not to promote the sale of this item, but to initiate some opinions (discussion) as to the construction aspects of another (different) "home built bench". I believe we are all here for the same end result....trader.... ???
Changing one thing, changes everything...
trader

Postby bruce » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:14 pm

If I recall somewhere on my old old forum this ebay bench was discussed while it was being built by the individual who was building it (whew that is a mouthful)

I like the idea of the regenerative blower, I've been playing with one on my bench but have not gotten the Variable Freq Drive to run mine yet.

The bench was relisted so it has another URL I searched for "flow bench" last evening on ebay and found it. Doesn't eveyone here search ebay for flow bench related auctions? I know I sure do always interesting to see what is out there.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:46 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:26 pm

Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby Ken73 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:10 am

You have GOT to be kidding me;

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLOWBENCH-SF-110-by-Superflow-Excellent-Condition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63700QQihZ017
QQitemZ270018473106QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW[/url]

A Superflow 110 - a $3200 (retail) flowbench.. uses STOPPERS??? ####.

I looked at the custom built bench.. pretty interesting. Seems like a major pain in the butt to switch from intake to exhaust though. The mounting plate doesn't seem too sturdy either, for something like a cast iron cylinder head on a V8, or is it just me?
Ken73

Postby 86rocco » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:32 am

86rocco

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:15 pm

Quote:

"A Superflow 110 - a $3200 (retail) flowbench.. uses STOPPERS??? ####."

Obviously you do not know the history of the first SF bench. Bill Jenkins had no issues with using stoppers.

Personally I think the stoppers offer excellent sealing, are easy to replace, can be bought from several sources, and allow you to use multiple orifices at the same time. The SF 1200 bench also uses stoppers and it costs a lot more than $3200.

JMO

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:17 pm

Quote:

"A Superflow 110 - a $3200 (retail) flowbench.. uses STOPPERS??? ####."

Obviously you do not know the history of the first SF bench. Bill Jenkins had no issues with using stoppers.

Personally I think the stoppers offer excellent sealing, are easy to replace, can be bought from several sources, and allow you to use multiple orifices at the same time. The SF 1200 bench also uses stoppers and it costs a lot more than $3200.

JMO

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Ken73 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:02 am

Tom, my point was primarily that for $3200, I'd think there would be a better system than stoppers. For less money, sure, stoppers. But for $3200?!

Definitely makes me glad I'm making my own bench.
Ken73

Postby larrycavan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:48 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Flowbench General