[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Flow Bench Plans

Flow Bench Plans

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Mark R » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 pm

I got my plans yesterday and I'm very impressed with the quality and detail of the plans, Thanks Bruce! After everything soaks in alittle I'll begin the build, I'm off the get the wood this weekend.
I think I'll buy most, if not all, of the parts from Bruce just to make this as simple as possible.
Mark R

Postby dynoman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:06 pm

to everyone on this forum,

i received the following from Bruce: plans, orifice plates, velocity probes, manometer pick-ups, charts, and enuff bits and pieces to make an inclined manometer.

i want everyone to know that the quality of machining of the orifice plates and construction of the velocity probes, and also the manometer pick-ups is of the highest quality; and the help Bruce has given me in getting my flowbench project started has exceeded my expectations. in my opinion, EVERYTHING you get from Bruce, including his advice, is top notch. if he doesn't have the parts, he'll tell you where to get 'em, or if you get an attack of stupid, he'll help you get un-stupid! having said all that, i'll also add that if a person thinks about building a bench from plans and bits and pieces from here and there and other forums, you're chasing your tail and wasting your time. trust me, i know; 'cause that's what i did 'til i found this forum and talked with Bruce. fortunately, i didn't waste any money buying parts prior to my first conversation with Bruce. everything you need is available from Bruce and this forum.

i apologize for the length of this post, but i just wanted everyone to know what i think about Bruce, his parts and this forum.

thanx again Bruce.

victor
dynoman

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:43 pm

The Forum has come a LONG way for sure with the help of Bruce and the members.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby larrycavan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:17 pm

Yep. It's pretty amazing how this place just continues to get better and better. It's not like any other forum I've come across.

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:32 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:32 pm

I want to add this for anyone thinking about getting the plans. After watching the PTS bench in action I was amazed with many aspects of it. Simplicity, easy to build/operate. Sized well for testing and available space in a garage/basement. Efficient, easy to change ranges/ flow direction. With the PTS computer, easy to operate. Six surplus center motors alone in this bench will give you the capability to flow +300 cfm at 28". And it is quiet considering 6-8 motors are running. With 8 surplus center motors, look at about 33 amps per leg. A 40 or 50 amp 220 line is needed for a bench like this. Not bad considering the capabilities. A great bench overall. If I didn't build and over engineer my own bench, I would get the plans.

Chris.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:41 pm

Just an update on flowing with 6 Surplus Center motors, I was able to get 400cfm @ 28" after correcting a pressure leak I was having with my side motor access door.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:56 pm

That fits with my buddy's testing using the same motors
on his bench Bruce. He actually lives in the town where the motors are sold, LOL!

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 am

Hi , placed a order for the PTS flow bench plans. From what little I have seen of the plans and discussion going on the forum and in emails. The plans come highly recommended by forum members and existing cliental of Bruce's. Will give feed back once plans arrive.

Have two goals in front of me one is to build a small bench and the other is build a big sucker like Tony's bench.

On the small bench will run manometers side by side with a PTS PC based gauges once it is ready for the market place.

On the big bench will just run PC based gauges.

Depending on how long I have to wait for the PTS's PC based gauge setup , if it is longer than a month away or more I will have to buy either EZ flowbox PT or FP FP1 electronic flow processor. I have itchy palms.

cheers
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby blaktopr » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 am

You may find yourself happy enough with Bruce's bench capacity and put off the bigger bench unless you absolutetly need it.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:47 pm

[color=#000000]FPV,

Is your Bench Done?
Has it been leak tested?
Calibrated with the water gauges?

If you are not to this point Wait for Bruce
49-1183904562

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:12 pm

[color=#000000][quote="1960FL"]If you are not to this point Wait for Bruce
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Half-Inch Stud » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Well, I played with the home central vac, the shop vac and the leaf blower. Me probably gonna BUY the plans. :O
12.9s @ 106.5MPH on 87 Octane, no ping. <--should be high 11's but I dunno why I'm so slow.
Half-Inch Stud

Previous

Return to Flowbench General