[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - calibration- with or without bore adapter?

calibration- with or without bore adapter?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Greg » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:57 pm

I have been playing with my bench this weekend and made some sharp edged orifice plates.

When I fit the plates directly to the bench, I get a different reading than what I do with them on top of my bore adapter.

The adapter is 86mm, which is what I usually work on for the engines I do. I gain around 15cfm with the orifice on top of the adapter, I'm assuming this is because it has the bore adapter tube under the orifice. The gain is fairly consistent at 100, 200, 300cfm.

Any ideas?
Greg

Postby Flash » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby Greg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:03 am

I've checked for that, with the plate completely blocked on the adapter I get zero flow.
Greg

Postby slracer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:09 am

Greg, How are you clamping the plate to the bench vs to the bore adapter? Remember that the flow is really coming into the plate horizontally so different clamps and/or arrangment, spacing, etc could disturb the flow pattern. Just a thought.

Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby GordonE » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:44 am

Hi Greg!
You should test them without bore. If you are using a cylinder you must compensate for this when the orifice diameter is getting nearer to the bore diameter. I was very confused of that before too...

I dont have a settling chamber on my bench, just a 110mm plastic tube. So I have to use a corrected value with my 307CFM orifice.

Regards Gordon
Mercedes Improver from Sweden
GordonE

Return to Flowbench General