[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Nay Say'ers?

Nay Say'ers?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bruce » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 am

I have the ability to follow back links to this forum through my admin "powers" . . . I find it funny how many links come in from other forums around the world from "Nay Say'ers" who chime in with "a homebuilt bench can't be built accurately". Most times they have never undertaken the task themselves though but offer up some interesting read as to why it can't be done.

I also have run into a lot of the forum members who "take up the cause" for the DIY'er's and I want to commend you for taking the time to enlighten others around the net to this forum resource!!

Oh and the person who called me "dude" on another forum this past week . . . I'm watching you ??? LOL
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:31 am

86rocco1

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:44 pm

I think the Flow Bench Forum guys on the whole are far more professional than to most forums where Dude, Buddy, Bud, and ^$&X$* is used multiple times in a sentence.

We have a common mission to make the highest quality DIY Flow Benches on the planet. There is no selfishness shown on this forum in my opinion.

Tom Vaught

ps Thanks again Bruce for hosting the site.
thomasvaught-1

Postby cboggs » Wed May 21, 2008 8:19 am

< in my best pot head voice > Dudes, .. this site is, um knarly, .. and wicked smokin, ..

Ok, I'll stop, .. yes, I wish more people in the industry where like the fine
people I have met here. You guys really jumped in when I needed help, ..
and have really contributed to me, and my business, . .

nothing but good people here.

shame I don't get to hang around as much as I used to, .. but work has
me up to my ears, .. ..

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby larrycavan » Wed May 21, 2008 8:34 am

Of course it can't be done by some people...that should be a given. Then we aslo have those who claim flowbenches are a waste of time because accurate CSA and calculated choke are the best method of cylinderhead port design......Ok....maybe it's true for some people....I'll stick with with the bench because I've had good results from using it.

And for the record....I have a cat named Dude...........he's a pretty good guy in his own right! Heck of a hunter....brings stuff home to me all the time...birds...mice...pretty much everything except rent money!

Larry C:p
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:26 am

Boy I hope Bruce doesn't read this you guys know how he feels about "Dude" :D
106-1194218389

Postby hdwgfx » Wed May 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Thanks,
david
hdwgfx

Postby larrycavan » Sun May 25, 2008 9:04 am

As it turns out, people with motivation, don't always have money. It stops some dead in their tracks. Others carry on.

The Internet revolutionized the DIY guys. It just keeps getting better "because of" it. Twenty years ago, there was no electronic library to run to for the little guy. Consider what we have now!

Engineers from a variety of technilogical areas, sharing their knowledge and lending a hand has driven many a DIY project through to completion and success. Not just flowbenches either.

When my bench was completed back in the early 90s, it worked. It wasn't accurate. Fast forward to 2004. Five key things happened.

1- Google
2- Bruce fired up the forum so we could all find each other.
3- Ed's spreadsheet [Coefficient of Discharge]
4- Tom's 30 years of knowledge being shared.
5- Larry Meaux shows up on the forum.

Everything you do in life revolves around formulas, even if you don't realize it. Sometimes you have to wait a while for all the pieces of the formula to become available...

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Flowbench General