[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - New bench thoughts?

New bench thoughts?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bruce » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:07 am

Ok, I'm working on the design of my new bench which will be a tad larger in size than what I currently have. I picked up some 34"x 6' partical board and I would like to put laminate on it after its all done. I'd like to make it look similar to the Superflow 1020, unike the 1020 I still have a back board to hold my water manometers. My blowers will be housed in a seperate cabinet so at a future date I can upgrade if and when I find something else to use besides the AMP hogs I now will be using (6 Ametek blowers, to replace the shop vac/leaf blower I have now). Then again I can always sell what I have and just build another one at that time :)

So I guess my question is . . . any ideas anyone would like to pass along about what they would or not want in a bench/cabinet design? I'm still thinking about my flow depression control being inline (the way it is now) or as a vacuum bleed in the blower cabinet? My new bench will be large enough to hold a PC and monitor which I now miss on my smaller bench.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Rick-360 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:51 pm

Besides accuracy and repeatablility, which go without saying.

1. Easy access to the insides for later mods and/or repairs.
2. Quick and easy range changes.
3. Broad selection of Ranges.
4. Quick and easy flow reversal for switching between IN & EX.
5. Digital and Manometer readings of pressure and flow.
6. Capable of flowing and measuring with test pressures up to 60".
7. Standard Superflow adapter bolt pattern.
8. Casters so it can be rolled.
9. Built in level and adjustable leveler included on inclined manometer.
10. Professional looking.

As far as inline vs bleed depression control. They both have benfits. My bench is orifice type with air bleed control and have thought of possibly a combination if I build another bench. The bleed control uses more amps, but flows more air thru the motors to cool them. If you have flow-thru type motors then I think bleed may be better because of the better cooling. If the motors are bypass type then I would go with inline control.

Rick
Rick-360

Return to Flowbench General