[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - How to measure swirl?

How to measure swirl?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby 115-1172523331 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:51 am

Mike (and everyone else!) I found a lot of variations of small motors at the Electronic Goldmine (or very similar) online. I'm out of town right now. You can see one next to the 8 bldaed "fan" in the pic I posted above. Bruce, did I send you the website address? If so, please post it as I won't be home until 3/14-15. If not, I'll post then. As a search item, that one is a vibrator from a cell phone. Get one with the weight removed as they are hard to get off without bending the VERY SMALL shaft! Good luck!

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby bruce » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:56 am

Here is the link:

Edited By bruce on 1204804767
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 am

Don't you just love it when you see things that go contrary with accepted practices...

Nice job on the swirl meter setup!
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:01 am

What I find amazing Larry is with a little thought and ingenuity items that cost hundreds of dollars to buy can be made for a few bucks and work just as good if not better! They can also be tailored to suit ones individual testing requirements.

Must be paying the extra for the "pretty and shiny" on the commercial products . . .

So glad we have this forum ::major back patting:: :D

PS For all the lurkers who are not registered members yet and can only see this area of the forum . . . this is only the tip of the iceberg of the info contained here!!

And the best part . . . the sharing of info is FREE!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby MMack » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Thanks for the info, just when I start to feel like I know a little, I find out just how much more there is to know!!!

I love this site. I wish Bruce had found me a few weeks earlier. If he had I wouldn't have an MSD bench modified to work by the help of the nice folks on here. I would have a nicer bench that works better, with the very nice Surplus Center motors instead of the hodge podge of used vacuum cleaner motors I have. I recently replaced 4 weak or dead motors with Surplus Center motors and love the improvement in flow and reliability.

Now to start on my new PTS beta version swirl meter!

Thanks again everyone!

Mike
MMack

Postby 115-1172523331 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 am

[color=#000000]Hi all, Another long post! It has been about 2 months since I last posted about the swirl meter. I haven
115-1172523331

Previous

Return to Flowbench General