[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Performance trends software need help

Performance trends software need help

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby rbracer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:30 pm

I have perfornance trends Port Flow Analyzer software and I am trying to set it up, can any one tell how I go about working out my benches flow ranges so I can put them in to the software.

Rick
rbracer

Postby larrycavan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:06 pm

Do you mean working out what your bench actually flows or the steps to setup custom orifice sized in the software?
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby rbracer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:51 pm

I am trying to work out the flow ranges #1-7 they talk about in the manual for seting up a custom bench with orifices in the master bench specs.

Rick
rbracer

Postby larrycavan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:40 pm

Have you calibrated your ranges?

Do you have the PT electronics?
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby rbracer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:23 pm

No electronics at this time, only the software.

The calibrating is what I am trying to work out, I have the ranges which are writen on the bench and I have a Calibration plate with a hole in it to check the machine and get any correction facter I need.

Rick
rbracer

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:49 pm

If you provide the orifice sizes to the forum, we can use a spreadsheet like Rocco86 excel program to get you close on the ranges. You can then use your calibration plate to fine tune the deal.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby larrycavan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:42 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby rbracer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:44 am

Yes I do have that information, so all I do is correct the range that is writen on the 7 tabs and then put what I come up with in to the software.

Rick
rbracer

Postby larrycavan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:58 pm

That should do it.

What kind of bench do you have?

If you haven't done it yet, I would grab Rocco's spreadsheet on orifice calculations. It's quite accurate and easy to use.

Larry C.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby rbracer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:09 pm

Larry C

Thanks for the help, I will try putting that in to the software to day.
The bench I have is a FMA it is built here in Australia, I am hopping to also fit the Performance Trend electronics as soon as I can.

Rick
rbracer

Postby rbracer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:12 pm

Larry C

Thanks for the help, I will try putting that in to the software to day.
The bench I have is a FMA it is built here in Australia, I am hopping to also fit the Performance Trend electronics as soon as I can, I found some spreadsheets stuf on this site yesterday and down loaded them I think that one was there.

Rick
rbracer

Postby larrycavan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:44 pm

Rick,

If your bench is like the SF110 design, don't forget to use the temperature correction factors.

Hope the PT stuff works out well. Guys that report having them seem to relly like them...

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Flowbench General