[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - automation flowbench

automation flowbench

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby evans » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:00 am

hello,
my name is evans from indonesia. i'am mechatronics student of Swiss German University. now i propose flowbench as my final project. i would like to build flow bench that can logging. i would like to use servo motor to turn the camshaft, LVDT sensors to record the lifting of valve, rotary encoder to record angle of camshaft. and vacuum sensors to read the flow. the final result of that is:
1. graph of flow base on valve lifting
2. graph of lifting based on angle
3. graph of flow base on angle
for the interface i will use 12Bit ADC
can you help me for some of my question:
what tipe and brand of vacuum sensor that usually use?
how big is the differential pressure between orifice?
i would like to use honda B16A head, do you think 300CFM is enough?
thanks for your help.
evans

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:23 am

Quite a few of your questions have been talked about in great detail and can be answered by using the search feature of the forum. Make sure you click "from the beginning" when performing a search . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:47 pm

Welcome to the Forum Evans. That sounds like an excellent choice for a final year university project.

Bruce is right, almost everything you ask has been discussed here somewhere before, so spend some time searching, and print out the relevant threads.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:41 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby evans » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:47 pm

hello,
i already search from beginning.
but, i didn't found the type, part no. and brand of sensors that common use in flow bench (in example the pressure sensors like use in FP1 or the same function device).
can you help me to found it??
i need you and all of forums members to help me with my final project. thanks
evans

Postby 86rocco » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:55 pm

It's a little tough to figure out exactly what to search for, for sensors check out the Freescale MPX2000 series of sensors, the MPX2010DP seems to be a popular one for this application.

Anyways, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you've got an interesting project under way.
86rocco

Postby evans » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:11 pm

i have bought MPX2010 but not differential one. which sensors that we use to measure the test pressure? how about the test temp? what is the standard temperature for measurement? do you think i need to add temperature compensation? thanks
evans

Postby racehead » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:47 pm

[color=#000000]Thanks bruce to let me in your forum. In my opinion you have done a good job keeping this forum in the theck department and also how do you keep it alive beeing almost a free forum. My question to everybody is that I don
racehead

Return to Flowbench General