[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Swing Check Valves

Swing Check Valves

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bruce » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:13 pm

I know this topic has come up in the past in discussions, but I had a few minutes this evening to play with one of these 2" swing check valves. I plan on specing these in my flowbench plans to control reverse flow through un-used motors.

I thought I'd post a pic of the one I'm working on. They need to be machined to fit and I was wondering what all would be involved so I started machining away. I'm not totally finished with it yet (needs some work on the inlet area) but it should give everyone a good idea of what they look like. Sorry I did not take a "before" picture.

I think I'll be offering machined and unmachined valves in the future for a very good price.

Edited By bruce on 1193274870
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 am

Bruce,
Good idea. I was looking for these thing on the net and found something like them.
Modiying them and offering them for sale works for me.
pablo
pablo

Postby 115-1172523331 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:29 pm

Bruce, I remember an earlier post with both before and after pics of a valve like this, but I couldn't find it. If the earlier "postee" remebers the thread, perhaps he could point us there. You might want to compare notes. Just a thought!

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby blown alcohol » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:59 pm

Hey guys,

Just saw the comment about seeing something like this before and thought I would (try) to post the link to my build. John at Flow Performance put me onto the use of the check valves, then I decided to modify them in the lathe. The design has worked very well for me...no complaints.

If the link doesn't come up, I will try again....

Jeff

blown alcohol

Postby bruce » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Thanks Jeff, you were the inspiration on this project!

How'd you hold them in the lathe to cut the inlet radius?

Edited By bruce on 1193358302
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blown alcohol » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:52 pm

Hey Bruce,

To answer your question.....very carefully!!! I got a little agressive on the first one and chunked it across the shop!!!...and this is not a joke....I'm lucky it didn't pop me in the melon.

I think I ended up putting a length of the correct size pipe in the opposite flange to give it more strength, then just chucked it in the 3-jaw. I made a cutter with the radius I wanted and just fed it into the part until I was happy with the finish.

I finished the insides of the valve with the standard porting tools....burrs & cartridge rolls. I think they turned out okay.

Good luck with your project. I think the idea of selling plans and other components will definately pay off. I've had people contact me about making some head fixtures, bench top plates, vacuum motor boxes, etc., but I just don't have the extra time to do anything else...you might consider doing some of those items as well....I think you could sell them.

Thanks again for all the help and for providing all of us "flowbenchers" with this informative website.

Jeff
blown alcohol

Return to Flowbench General