JKM pitot bench

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby nevdos » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:26 pm

hey all,
ive got another question on my jkm bench.i had some issues with my horizontal manometer(not working) which i traced to a faulty(electrical) switching(for intake and exhaust) solenoid in rear of bench.my jkm style bench was a newer design, as Jerry(jkm owner),had revised his designs through the years.i found someone in town with another JKm bench but his is an older design that incorparates mechanical valves instead if electical ones to route vacuum lines from pitot tubes to manometers.trouble is i cant find any repacement electrical solenoids that match what he used, but the mechanical ones used in this other persons bench are still available to me new from Shrader-Bellows.also i have no electrical diagram for my bench so im thinking of converting over to mechanical style valves, but i need to know what routing i need to run hoses to pitot tubes in?the pitot has a straight connection and one at a right angle.i need to know which side i need to hook to for flowing intake and/or exhaust as i need to flip the toggle switches when flowing each different port(from int-exh), so i assume its pulls on a certain side of the pitot ,and i assume it pulls off of one line on each pitot tube?sorry but im new to this so i still dont know the ins ands outs of how my bench really works.
thanks in advance as theres always good insight in this website.lots of smart people who make me feel dumber every day.lol.
nevdos

Return to Flowbench General