[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pass it around - Gather our own data

Pass it around - Gather our own data

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby PFM » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:20 am

Hello all,

I have a rather health Flow Performance equipped home built flow bench out here on the west coast and would love to flow the plates. I will also run them on my friends SF-600 just for good measure. Let me know when they head west PLEASE :D

PFM
PFM

Postby Jesse Lackman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:01 am

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby Mouse » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:05 pm

Hey, how's it going?

I could send them down to you when I recieve them. Contact Larry to get on the list.

John
Mouse

Postby larrycavan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:08 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby maxracesoftware » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:22 am

i didn't see any details or notes about instructions
on how to use or FlowTest the Plates ??

are you supposed to FlowTest the plate
directly bolted to the surface of FlowBench ?

is there a Hole diameter size spec
that the FlowBench must have ?

or has anyone tested the Flow CFM differences
between bolting the plate
directly to the Bench's surface over the Hole
-VS- bolting ontop the hole in a Bore Flow Fixture thats
bolted over the FlowBenches hole.

you'll get different Flow numbers sometimes.

in other words, if i bolt the Orifice Calibration Plate
that came with SF-600 directly ontop hole,
on the machined surface,
the Orifice then has CD=.61911
and flows so much air cfm at 25"

if i then bolt a Cylinder Head Fixture on the FlowBench's
machined surface directly centered over the SF-600 hole,
and FlowTest with that same Plate ontop of a
Head Fixture's hole..it makes a difference?

example=>
the Head Fixture's Bore diameter at 4.000" inches
and about 4.000" or so inches in height,
seems to influence that Flow thru distance
then maybe in combination with the 4.000 dia step
to the 5.000" dia SF-600's hole,
then the 5.000" dia step to the Bench's plenum cavity,
makes a small difference.
maxracesoftware

Postby larrycavan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:38 am

Larry,

We ageed to test them directly on top of the bench surface with no fixture between the plate and the bench.
Those should be the published results when it's all said and done.

[I did test them both without and with a fixture and the readings varied.]
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby PFM » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:44 pm

John,

Did Larry forward my address? If not let me know I will send you the info. Any idea where in the world they are? I can check and send in 48 hours or less to whom ever is next.

MaxRaceSoftware, hello and good to see you getting around. For any members that do not know the handle Larry Meaux has been around the block and does record holding head and engine work, has some great software to help with your latest project and is an all-round nice guy, no he did not pay me to say so either.

Regards,

PFM
PFM

Postby bruce » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:46 pm

Plates are on to the 3rd person on the list
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Mouse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:54 pm

I thought I was 3rd!!!
Mouse

Postby gofaster » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:38 am

Patience, Mouse, Patience!
Jim
gofaster

Postby maxracesoftware » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:07 am

maxracesoftware

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:23 am

Larry,

I could send them your way when I get them. I am probably down at the bottom of the list. I'm out here in Washington. As long as it is alright with everyone else.

How about we start sending them next day air, let's get this show on the road!

Nick
Nick

Postby Mousehouse1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:41 am

USPS priority mail usually take 2-3 days.
Mousehouse1

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:21 pm

I put a topic under General to track the plates.....[remember?] ....if the process is followed, we'll all know where they are....It's probably most feasable if Rick360 ships them to Larry M....they're in the same general part of the country....
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby PFM » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:17 pm

Larry M,

If you have the cancled check I need to talk with my wife...javascript:emoticon('???')
smilie cause I don't remember you ever sending me a check.

PFM
PFM

Previous

Return to Flowbench General