[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Thoughts on the PTS plans - External motors?

Thoughts on the PTS plans - External motors?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bruce » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:55 pm

Just pickup an electric solenoid valve at Surplus Center when you buy your blowers.

$39.95 in 24v or 120v

Edited By bruce on 1196384286
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:55 am

I'm really liking that 5 ported 4 way setup.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah and those solenoid valves in Bruce's links are especially sweet.
86rocco1

Postby ThomasVaught » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Being on 120 volt, you could use the same circuit as your Light circuit on a Blue Bench Clone design
and on the other benches just run another 110 V
line to the solenoid. Nice find, Bruce. The switches I mentioned as close to the price of that
single switch.

Tom V.
ThomasVaught

Postby bruce » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:40 pm

Heck, I just found it, you guys came up with the idea of the valves. I had looked at them before but never gave it much thought (forgot about the old forum post on the subject). I was looking into the style used on the "Big Blue" bench with the rotating disks.

Wasn't shot in the butt with that style though . . .

On a side note I knew I had one of these valves somewhere in my "junk", drove myself nuts the past 2 days trying to find it in my shop, anyways I finally found it this morning, it's 24v and has a solenoid on each end.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby ThomasVaught » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:43 pm

The Rotating valves like the Blue bench guys use have been known to lose signal to the manometers due to leakage over time. Food for thought on that design.

Tom V.
ThomasVaught

Postby bruce » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:57 pm

I've heard that before, hence the reason I have not machined one up to try . . . and probably won't be in the future :)
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:13 am

I found a clippard valve that Rocco first pictured, the brass one with a toggle switch. It was 16.95 and then a couple of bucks for the fittings. I got the one that has 10-32 tapped holes and the fittings take 1/8" tubing. This company has all sorts of valves and fittings and tubing etc. I checked it just blowing through it and it will work just like was described. Pretty slick. :D btw I do have a friend that has a big blue bench that reads low and he has not been able to figure it out. I think you guys just solve that problem also.
106-1194218389

Previous

Return to Flowbench General