[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Need help with SF 110 Flowbench - used unit, not working properly...

Need help with SF 110 Flowbench - used unit, not working properly...

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Wild-Thing » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:38 pm

Hello everyone, sorry for my bad english.
I bought a used SF-110 last summer and now I am ready to try it. I didn't have time before. I notice my incline manometer (red fluid) seem to be low, about halfway on the scale. Can I only add distillated water ?

I was trying to find where the fluid was and I think it went through the small hoses. The upper (left side) hose is dark red.

Also, when I turn on the power, my vertical manometer seem to work correctly and is sensitive to my control valve in both intake and exhaust mode. BUT my incline manometer doesn't seem to work correctly. There is too much air passing and the fluid wants to escape through my hoses and the float blocks the hole. Maybe that's why my level is too low.

I'd like to know if someone knows the hoses placement in back of the control valve (Intake/Exhaust). Maybe my hoses are mixed and too much flow goes in my lines ???

The hoses are easyly accessible when removing the test adaptor. There is 8 nipples and I have 7 hoses.

Any help will be really appreciated. I asked Superflow but after 2 weeks I think they will not answer me. When it will be time to change my dyno for a bigger one, I don't think I will ask them.

Thanks, Pierre

If someone wants some pics, I have some and I can take more.
Lalonde Multi-Sports Mec. enr.
repair and performance shop for all vehicule
engine porting, performance parts,
snowmobile dyno service
PGO Scooter Dealer.
Wild-Thing

Postby gofaster » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:10 am

Pierre,
Do not add distilled water to your gage oil. There isn't much you can do until you level and fill the inclined manometer. You can buy gage oil from Dwyer Instruments.

There is a good picture of what your bench should look like and links to more help on this page:

Do you have a manual for the SF-110? If you don't, you should be able to order one from Superflow. I would be willing to scan the set up pages from mine and e-mail them to you to help you get started.
Jim
gofaster

Postby Wild-Thing » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:35 am

[color=#000000]Hello, thanks for your help.
With your Dwyer link, I found a distributor here in Qu
snowmobile dyno service
PGO Scooter Dealer.
Wild-Thing

Postby larrycavan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:06 am

[quote="Wild-Thing"][color=#000000]Hello, thanks for your help.
With your Dwyer link, I found a distributor here in Qu
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby gofaster » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:29 pm

Hi Pierre,
Another source for gage oil is WW Grainger. They have branches in Canada. Here is the url for their gage oil:

Here is a url for the SF two stroke test picture:

Note that he has stoppers 1, 4, and 5 out of the orifice plate. He is running a 10" test pressure on the vertical manometer, and about 72% on the inclined manometer.

The operators manual gives a brief explanation of two stroke testing on page 38, and has troubleshooting tips on page 40.
Jim
gofaster

Postby 99-1134301289 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:02 pm

hello looks at it also here is very well

99-1134301289

Postby Wild-Thing » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.
Nice to see helpfull people. I should be able to order fluid from one of those distributor.

larrycavan :
Engines I mostly work on are Bombardier twin rotary, triples, and newer twins serie III. I also worked on a new Mach-z 1000. Other brand sled I work is Polaris twins and triples. I did some Yamaha srx but never did an Arctic-Cat yet.
I built some RM, YZ, KX, and CR in 125 and 250 cc.
4 strokes atv and dirt bike are becoming popular so I will have to play with them too.

I received an answer from Superflow. He think maybe my switching valve could be ruin. I have red oil in the valve. He will try to send me a schema of the hoses to confirm mine are plugged correctly.

Thanks again !

Pierre
snowmobile dyno service
PGO Scooter Dealer.
Wild-Thing

Postby Wild-Thing » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:59 pm

Another pics, closer view :
snowmobile dyno service
PGO Scooter Dealer.
Wild-Thing

Postby DaveMcLain » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:01 pm

Since you said that you bought the flowbench used was it packed up and then shipped to you? If so, they didn't accedentally turn the machine upside down or lay it on it's side during shipping did they? This might allow some of the fluid to seep out if the manometer wasn't shut off all the way. With that said, there might not be anything wrong with the bench and it'll just need to have a little dwyer fluid added to the inclined manometer to be in business. That bench looks nice.
DaveMcLain

Postby Wild-Thing » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:48 am

Sorry for the delay ! I didn't look at the forum often.
The flowbench was packed well and strapped with tie-downs inside a crated box but I have no idea if someone turn it upside down. The small valves were not closed too.

I didn't have time to play with it, I am too busy. But one thing I don't like is that in "Exhaust" mode, too much air is going through the inclined meter and there is lots of bubbles. The float close the passage. My left side hose is dark red inside. Is it a sign of damaged switching valve ?

I will order some fluid as soon as I have time. I will fill the meter before buying parts.

Thanks again,

Pierre
snowmobile dyno service
PGO Scooter Dealer.
Wild-Thing

Postby DaveMcLain » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:39 am

It looks to me like the fluid escaped from the inclinded manometer for some reason. You might be getting bubbles and excessive flow just because the level of the fluid is too low and it doesn't take much depression across the orifice plate to move the fluid completely out of the tube allowing air to bubble through the fluid that's in the resivour.

There is probably not anything wrong with the bench and the first thing I would do would be to get some more Dwyer "red" gauge fluid and fill it up so that you can reach zero on the inclined scale again.
DaveMcLain

Postby Wild-Thing » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Thanks for your help !
I hope you are right, but it does have sense. Less liquid (weight) must be easier to move.

I will keep you informed when I will have time to test it again.

Pierre
snowmobile dyno service
PGO Scooter Dealer.
Wild-Thing

Postby DaveMcLain » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Yes, you'll have to put in enough of the gauge fluid so that you can "zero" the scale on the inclined manometer. It has a pretty good range of adjustment so the level in the gauge isn't terribly critical.
DaveMcLain

Return to Flowbench General