[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - newbie here guys! - bench designs,ect ect

newbie here guys! - bench designs,ect ect

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Sprntr81 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:52 pm

well,im finally signed up!sweeet...

Anyhow,looking for some help with flowbench design...I want to build 2 one for my 2 stroke stuff and one that will flow atleast 2000cfm,as far as the big benc im thinking about going the oriface style but im unsure of what motors to use,i have some ametek motors i was gonna use but i see alot of people talking about using blowers,i like the idea of the motors being able to run them in stages(2,4,6,8 ect.)..Also i cant find much info on smaller two stroke benches,i know what im looking for i just like to hear some ideas form you guys,after all your the experts!

Thanks!
Cw
Sprntr81

Postby bruce » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:13 pm

2000 CFM? Did you add an extra "0"?

Being a "newbie" I'm sure you don't realize what that would take? Heck, I've been around for a while now and I have no idea what that would take nor what you would be flowing at that volume? :)

Take some time using the search function and you will get a small education . . . this is not a typical forum in the fact that some of the "experts don't come out and play" till you have done some serious searching and reading of past posts.

Trust me it's all here but you have to find some of it first . . .

Edited By bruce on 1196216252
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Sprntr81 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 pm

yea i meant 2000,thats on the high side but i wanna make sure i have enough capabilities.I plan on flowing not just heads but intakes,modified carburators ect.1500 would prob even be fine but ill have to look around some more(i just now seen that only post in 30 days show unless i change it,i know im a dummy) :laugh:

Thanks
Cw
Sprntr81

Postby SWR » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:04 am

SWR

Postby jsa » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:00 am

2000cfm thats a lot, around two dozen sizeable vac motors.
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby ThomasVaught » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:02 pm

The Superflow bench Model 1200 flowed 1200 cfm
at around 28" of water and used SIXTEEN of the 115923 Ametek Motors Pulled almost 90 amps too.

Say you have a SF 600 bench with uses EIGHT 115923 Ametek motors and you add that to the
SF1200s capability, you would have the stated
24 motors and the 600 bench draws an additional 40 amps. So you need a MINIMUM of
130 amps of power to drive the motors at 220 volts.

The only place where I could see usingh that much airflow would be testing a high flowing carb and you can do that by testing the front half vs the rear half. Say you have the one of the (10 made) Holley IR carbs that I worked on that flowed 2400 cfm each. Testing the front vs the rear you would still need only a slightly larger than 1200 cfm bench to do the job. Still you would need about 18 motors and over 100 amps
of power.

JMO

Tom V.
ThomasVaught

Return to Flowbench General