[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Check Valve - No machining requires

Check Valve - No machining requires

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby GNNOVA » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:27 pm

Found a 2" swing check valve last week for my Flow Bench. It fits snuggly in a 2-3/8" hole with no machining. I bought it at Hyjoca Plumbing supply. Its made by American Granby Inc. and the part number is SPCV200. It cost 22.00.

Ken
GNNOVA

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Picture please.
86rocco1

Postby bruce » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Here is a cropped pic of the valves Ken is refering to
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby ThomasVaught » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:27 pm

I would make sure you have a nice entry radius on the inlet tubes of the valves and you are good to go.

Tom V.
ThomasVaught

Postby SWR » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:36 pm

How does those look inside/work? :)
SWR

Postby GNNOVA » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:22 pm

The valve is very open inside with no restrictions. The walls are rather thin to the pipe parts and the valve is just a rubber disk with steel reinforcement. I am going to get more to cover the remaining holes. I get some interior pictures of them then.

Ken
GNNOVA

Postby martyester » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:01 pm

Tom,
Very new to all this (no flow bench experience, new to the board and have Bruce's plans on the way). Electrical Engineer by trade and a semi full time machine shop for engines. I understand your request for the radius on the check valve. What is the downside of not having the radius on the valve? Would it be just a less efficient vacuum source?

Thanks
Marty
martyester

Postby ThomasVaught » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:55 pm

You need to "break" the sharp edge on the inlet side to the valve. The sharp edge acts like a sharp edged orifice and will restrict the flow through the valve to like 62% of the flow. With a radiused entry the air flow will be in the 98% of flow range.

Everyone has a starting point. With your EE background maybe you can help out with some of the electrical wiring questions.

Welcome to the board! I am a Research Engineer with the Ford Motor Company.
ThomasVaught

Postby martyester » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks Tom,
As you probably know, having a engineering background leads people to beleive that if its electrical/electronic then we should be like a cresent wrench (able to fit any application). My 30 some years experience has been in the avionics/aviation field. Quite different than most electrial/electronics fields. However, I'm always willing to help as I can. Usually what I dont know, I can find out through my other friends. I feel almost like an infant with the flow bench/porting from what I have already read on this forum. Feels like I am always behind the power curve.
Thanks again
Marty Ester
martyester

Return to Flowbench General