[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Plates - Where are those little buggers?

Plates - Where are those little buggers?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Jesse Lackman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby Thomas Vaught » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:53 pm

I have the plates. What is the test pressure everyone is testing at?

Looks like I will not be able to test the plates on the "high dollar" bench, That bench
uses a cylinder tower to hold the cylinder head, etc and the note in the package
from Bruce says do not use a cylinder in the testing. Oh well!

I can still run the plates across the super flow 600 benches I have access to.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:09 pm

28" test pressure or corrected to 28", feel free to test them anyway you want to test them, when you send me the results just let me know what you did and I'll add a note so everyone knows the "hows and whys".
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:30 pm

Great, Bruce, then I will try and get them tested as soon as I can get them in the "system". I will send you the info about the tower and the results at the specified test pressure and a few more points for your info.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Thomas Vaught » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:44 pm

I cut a deal with the "High Dollar Bench" people and it looks like I will be able to test the plates
on Thursday next week.

I know the test pressure is 28" but while I am there I will give you a sweep at 10", 20.4" 25",
28" and 67" of water just like we test stuff normally. This should allow calculating if there is any discharger co-efficient change over the pressure range.

Who gets the plates after me?

I have the mailing labels but no testing order unless it was posted somewhere on the board?
Nothing in the shipping envelope.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby bruce » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:18 pm

Whom ever is closest to you on the labels will be the next person you send them to.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:20 am

Ok, I got it now.

They will go out right after the testing, hopefully and I will post who the next person is.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Thomas Vaught » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm

Well tomorrow I am scheduled to test the three plates from Bruce and the plate Mouse sent me.

After I get the numbers I will look in the list and forward the plates to the next closest person on the label list. I will post who the plates have go to next.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Plates are flowed on the High Dollar bench, will send to Art Fortier in Iron Mountain Michigan next.

Will go out Monday by US Postal.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby airflowdevelop » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Wow...How late can I be!

I didn't realize what is going on here! Any way a dumb hill-billy like me can get in on the action, eventhough you guys are done with PA?

Dennis
airflowdevelop

Postby bruce » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:15 pm

Dennis,

When I get the plates back to my shop I can run them over to your place personally for some testing.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby mcm » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:58 pm

Hello Bruce I just heard about these test plates sure would like to get on the list if it isnt too late. would be nice to see what evryone else is reading. The flow data is very conservative compared to SF.
Thanks Mike
mcm

Postby Rick360 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 pm

Did the plates get lost? Is the USPS that slow? Is nobody updating this thread when the plates are moving? What is happening?

Rick
Rick360

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:40 pm

I was just going to ask the same thing? Haven't heard from anyone since Tom had them?
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:29 pm

I sent the plates to Iron Mountain Michigan several days ago. Right after we spoke Bruce.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

PreviousNext

Return to Flowbench General