[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Plates - Where are those little buggers?

Plates - Where are those little buggers?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby cspeier » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:54 am

Bruce

I have an idea, see what you think. I'm real curious about the result of the plates. One reason is if my bench is low or high, I'd really like to adjust. How about have a thread that is password protected with either your results or everyone elses results. This might be a long process with many people on the list and people wanting to be added. I know most people wouldn't tell others, but it might be a way to adjust your bench before the results. I don't know, just a thought. Send only the password to the people who have sent results. In other words, I CAN'T WAIT!! :D
cspeier

Postby bruce » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:12 pm

Chad, this is a good idea and I can setup a seperate forum with a password for only those who have flowed the plates already.

But and this is a big but . . . if you see the forum you HAVE TO KEEP IT A SECRET! Otherwise you jeopardize the scientific nature (big words huh) of our study.

What say the "collective"? Do you want me to do this?

On a side note, the plates that are being sent around were never intended to be used for a personal flowbench calibration plate, hence the reason there are no dimensions and the results are being kept secret (You want calibration plates I offer them forsale, you're not going to beat the quality for the price and its a small price to pay to support the forum).

I and a few others put forth alot of effort to do this project for everyone and asked nothing in return nor are we seeking anything now, but getting those plates in your grubby little hands gives you an idea of what a set of plates will do for you in achieving your end goal of a well built and accurate flowbench at a rather cheap price!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby PFM » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:26 am

Bruce,

You asked the collective, my input would be to keep the info secret until the plates make a round. When complete post the numbers from the "master bench", I have no doubt all the users will know their numbers. Then it would be great to post a blind list of all the results with a % of the "master bench" flow plus or minus. Then some nice info like average, max spread, mean average etc. I would be glad to purchase a twin to the plate to keep with my bench and tune to match.

Just my thoughts,

PFM
PFM

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:01 am

I know good and well some are already comparing info. I mean common, if any here are as obsessive compulsive as I am, your comparing. Who could possibly wait until it's all done.

I want my turn already!

Nick
Nick

Postby cspeier » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:14 am

Personally it makes me no difference. I have three plates myself I use. My FP, a superflow and a plate I made. To be honest, some of the best advise I received came from John(mouse). He told me to pick one and use it. I agree, made things simple. What I'm curious about, why three different plates? Dumb question, Can a bench to adjusted if say the small hole is 5 cfm off, the middle 3 off, and the big dead on? Understand what I'm asking? If the cfm is off with a smaller hole, compare to a larger hole, can that be adjusted? And what is that telling me if anything?

Chad
cspeier

Postby larrycavan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:05 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby PFM » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:46 am

Larry,

You are right this is a great project for all involved. As for the million questions there is no doubt about it, with luck many will be answered here. I must admit I would like for my bench to be within 1 or 2 percent as the numbers I get are often used in engine development software and they need to be close for this purpose.

PFM
PFM

Postby maxracesoftware » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:12 am

i just finished Flow testing all 3 plates
and shipped by US Mail to Dave Fees
today Friday 3-24-2006
USP said around Monday or Tuesday ,
Dave should receive Plates.
maxracesoftware

Postby 68-1143344568 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:51 am

How do I get these plates coming to me so I can add to this little project. I think the data will be very interesting.
68-1143344568

Postby cspeier » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 am

cspeier

Postby CFM headman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:05 pm

I HAVE THE PLATES FELLAS ! i will be flowing them tonight and then sending them on
Dave
CFM induction
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
CFM headman

Postby bruce » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:45 pm

Well with all the new people who want to flow the plates I'll make up another list for a second go around. Send me your info via a PM or email me at pts@flowbenchtech.com with "plates" in the header and I'll get you on the second list.

When the last person on the current list has flowed the plates they will return to me and I'll get them out to the second list. In the meantime I'll setup a password protected forum so only those who have flowed the plates already can see the results (hoping it can be kept somewhat a secret to not skew anyone's results)

On a side note, I'm still waiting on results from some people who have flowed the plates and have not contacted me yet?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby CFM headman » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:11 pm

if anyone in the midwest is ready for the plates PM me. I am ready to ship them out. sorry for taking so long i am in the middle of a move
Dave
CFM induction
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
CFM headman

Postby bruce » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:56 pm

The plates should be sent to the next person who is closest to you on the enclosed labels.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:15 pm

I have the plates and will flow them today and send them out tomorrow. There was a note to send them to gofaster, so that is what I will do. The list is a little confusing as to who has them and who has not. Not all have checked there name off. So if you are on the list and have not had a turn, now is the time to speak up. I am last on the list.

It looks like thease have not had a turn

Blown928
Mouse
Jesse Lackman

Nick
Nick

PreviousNext

Return to Flowbench General