[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Ran Out Of Ideas - Manometer Bounce Issue

Ran Out Of Ideas - Manometer Bounce Issue

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby stef-1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Guys, thanks for the help :)
I'm just sorting out a suitable enclosure for the speed control electronics, etc. Once it's built and I've modified the wiring to suit in the bench I'll let you know how it goes.
stef-1

Postby stef-1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Guys, a little update.
I tried the motor controllers, jury rigged into the electrical circuit for testing. It helped the bounce, especially at low depressions where I would normally have the bleed valve almost fully open. Testing did show that the "chuffing sound" was from one motor. All the other are nice and smooth. I don't know if something is rubbing in the motor case or it's just old and worn. I will put an amp meter on the motor I think to see if it's pulling a lot of amps which I believe would prove that there's some rubbing somewhere.
Despite these discoveries there was still some bounce. So I have done some more testing in the orifice chamber with string and I felt that the baffles were too high and too close to the chamber entrances. After adjusting the height of the baffles on both sides of the orifice the bounce reduced a great deal. With a little cotton wool in the lines it's now very steady and I'm now happy with it.
With motor controllers wired in properly it should work well. So there's just that to sort out now and trying my hand at fabricating velocity probes!
stef-1

Postby Flash » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I had one of these motor that did the same thing(out of a carpet stem cleaner........i thing i over tightened it)

No matter what you fine, it will need to be replace.

If it has been crushed(hi amperage) you my be able to pull it out a little................but i don't thing the efficiency will come back.
Gordon
Flash

Previous

Return to Flowbench General