[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - msd style bench operation

msd style bench operation

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bowtie482 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:35 am

first things first. this is an awesome site and i thank bruce for his time and efforts for making this information and passion available to all of us building these machines.

second things second. all the flowbenchers that build em give yourself a pat on the back. these machines are not easy to construct.

i have built an msd style flowbench and have it nearly complete after three years of aquiring parts and careful selection of 220v ametek motors. now comes the fun part i am unsure of the vacuum lines and the pressure tubes and want to make sure that i have them installed the best i can. also i have a basic idea how to run the machine, but i need info on how i need to change the lines around for vacuum and for blowing. so i am looking for others that have the msd bench and have used it alot. i dont want posts on how i should have built a different style or that i need to change alot of things about the one i have. once i can use it i will make certain changes and be able to use alot more of the info on the site to make calculated decisions on changes. i bought some plans from mercdog about 2 years ago and made the orfice plate in the machine to his design. these are the only changes that i have made to the original msd bench design. i realize i am asking a hard question about flowbenching, but i have been inspired by the machine since i read the article fifteen years ago. then i found this site and and the ball got rolling and now the machine is nearly ready to be ran. if you have the brass tube info and the pressure line info i would love to see it.
"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." john f kennedy
bowtie482

Postby FTCH » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:03 pm

sorry i dont know this , what is a msd flow bench?

cheers
FTCH
FTCH

Postby 86rocco1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:32 pm

The MSD flowbench is a DIY flowbench featured in the Sept and Oct 93 issues of Popular Hot Rodding magazine, you can find a copy of the articles and a commercial version of the plans is available from Mercdog Motorsports, google them if you're interested.

The MSD bench introduced many of us here to the possibility of building our own flowbench but the design has some inherent flaws many of which have be discussed,at length, on these forums.
86rocco1

Postby FTCH » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks 86rocco1 I havent gone through all the posts here, however I am going down the road of building a large bench, I bought plans from here. I also own a small comerical bench. And have built a centrificual fan and shroud to muck around with some wet flow stuff.

cheers
FTCH
FTCH

Return to Flowbench General