[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - new aussie member with a few Q's

new aussie member with a few Q's

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 pm

It probably does move quite a bit of air, but I very much doubt it would produce any useful pressure sufficient for our purpose.

From the Coke can, and the 5.5 Kw motor frame size, that rotor might possibly be around eight inches in diameter (?)
At 2,800 rpm, expect about 3.3 inches of developed air pressure. Not a lot.

For a direct coupled blower like this, the outside diameter of the blower casing needs to be AT LEAST two feet in diameter, and three feet in diameter would be even better. That is what we should be looking for.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Ok , doesnt sound good , but bought one and will test it and see what i can actually sequeeze out of the outlet.

cheers
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Have a read through the "Air Movers" part of the forum, there is a lot of good stuff there about big blowers.

Racepumper has just bought this beauty
Tony

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 pm

woooooooooooo Tony that unit Racepumper bought is a beauty

lucky devil , i bet he will get more blow for his money oops ;)

cheers
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:45 pm

One or two other people on the Forum have also found similar priceless treasures. It is a case of being patient and vigilant.

If I was Racepumper, and it turns out to only be a 3Hp motor, I would remove one blower and fit it to a 10 Hp motor. It can then be driven with his VFD to maybe 70 Hz or more to reach even higher flow and pressure.

Five inch inlet, three inch outlet, 2.5 foot casing, wow, that is PERFECT.
Tony

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:47 pm

One or two other people on the Forum have also found similar priceless treasures. It is a case of being patient and vigilant.

If I was Racepumper, and it turns out to only be a 3Hp motor, I would remove one blower and fit it to a 10 Hp motor. It can then be driven with his VFD to maybe 70 Hz or more to reach even higher flow and pressure.

Five inch inlet, three inch outlet, 2.5 foot casing, wow, that is PERFECT.
Tony

Postby RACEPUMPER » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:52 am

More pics back in the air mover thread fellas, Tony I was a bit excited the other day and got a little carried away, I have the REAL measurements now :p

Jim
Whats another word for Thesaurus?
RACEPUMPER

Postby FPV_GTp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 pm

FPV_GTp

Postby Flash » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:51 pm

OK guys, help me out here. (New guy, first post)

I have just finished this thread and what i have got out of it......

The vac. motors are AC/DC capable motors.

That running them as DC motors will run better/cooler and more efficient then as a ac motor.............SOUND GRATE!!.......Why is this not done more often????

Also draws less amp in DC mode>>>????

When i was on this link, (that was previously posted)

the description said this:

KIT-067 and KTA-067 DC Motor Speed Controller
With this kit control the speed of any common DC motor rated up to 55V (5A) without sacrificing motor torque. Operates on a supply voltage of 5V to 15V.
Uses NE556 to pulse-width modulate a high current power MOSFET, IRFZ44.
In this way motor torque is maintained. Adjustable speed control.
Box mounted. Finished Dimensions (mm): 60Wx100Lx30H.

Download datasheet file

Hmmm??????55V (5A)
I thought that conversion was still a 120V just DC now?????
I'm no electrician, as you can tell already
:D
And is that all i need.....or do i need a 2nt elec. device, to do the AC to DC sign wave?????

A lot of Question for one post i know.........Just real confused...............

Thanks in advance

Flash
Gordon
Flash

Postby Flash » Sat May 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Bump^

Is, a DC conversion worth it?
Live in the USA so it would be a 110/120 AC conversion to DC

Plan on building a bench down the road.

Acutely have a vary, vary simple one built with a "car wash Vacuum" hooked to it..........but not enough Vac. Pulls 28" sealed, and goes down to 7" at .500 lift.(The manometer stays the same from .450" lift on up!)

Need more vac, and would be interested in your opinion and knowledge on the DC idea and other thought that might help with my beginning of this new venture.................
Gordon
Flash

Postby jsa » Mon May 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Cheers

John
jsa

Postby Flash » Wed May 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby montana » Sat May 09, 2009 10:33 am

Hi

Im also from Australia and planning a bench build just wondering if this Speed controller would work. I will probably be using it for only one motor as it is 10A.

Thanks
montana

Postby jsa » Sun May 10, 2009 7:55 am

Hello and welcome, where in AU are you ?

That speed controller is for universal motors so should be fine for manual control of a vac motor.

Cheers

John
jsa

Postby Tony » Sun May 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Tony

Previous

Return to Flowbench General