[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - 240 volt vacuum motors - fan search.

240 volt vacuum motors - fan search.

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby ivanhoew » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:26 pm

hello all ,this is my first post so a big thank you for such a good site .
my question is ,does anybody know where i may be able to get some of the surplus type gs electric vacuum motors ,but in 220 to 250 volts ,which is the supply i have in england .
thanks a lot ,regards ,robert.
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:45 pm

The Surplus Center I believe has both 110 and 220 volt vacuum motors pretty cheap. http://www.surpluscenter.com/

Tom V.

ps Maybe we should have a LINKS area where we could send people for the typical "source" type questions. It might already be there.
Thomas Vaught

Postby ivanhoew » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:08 am

thanks thomas for your reply , i checked out the surplus centre ,having seen them on this site ,but wondered if any body in the uk had found a more local supplier. maybe ill have to get importy wiv it .regards
robert .
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby riga team » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:12 pm

riga team

Postby ivanhoew » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:52 am

ok , i searched the surplus cente for 220 v motors ,but no luck ,so iv sent them a mail ,in case anybody else is looking for 220 v motors ,ill let you know how it goes .regards robert.
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby ivanhoew » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:16 pm

nope ,nada, zip ,zippo, zilch , two hopes bob hope and no hope !! chap mailed me bck from the surplus centre ,they dont do 220 or anything other than 110 so im a bit stuck , ,the search continues ! regards robert.
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby riga team » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:35 pm

riga team

Postby ivanhoew » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:33 am

thanks anatolij ,ill send them a mail .regards robert.
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby ivanhoew » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:37 am

i wonder how superflow do 220 volt macines if they use the 110 v motors , maybe they stuck in a BIG transformer.!
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby Thomas Vaught » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:53 am

Super Flow hooks the white wires together on the two 110 motors and runs one black wire to each 110 volt leg. This makes the motors act like shunts for each other I have been told. They have gotten away with it for years but I personally like the 4 wire (Black, Red, White, and green wiring with a neutral being used as well as a ground with two "legs" of
power (Half on the RED side and half on the BLACK side the way house wiring is done.

If you fail a motor on the SF wiring it will kill the second motor on that circuit too.

With the 4 wire scheme you can have a motor go bad and still run the other motor next to it.

JMO

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby riga team » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:49 pm

riga team

Postby ivanhoew » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:49 am

thanks thomas , my microscopic brain ,reads what your saying as , i take 2 110 v motors.. connect my pos 220v to the two pos on the motors ,then take my neutral 220v and stick it on the two motor neutrals ,no that cant be right #### , maybe you mean like a chain in series ,my 220v pos goes to motor no1 pos. then mot1 neutral goes to motor no2 pos, then motor no2 neutral goes to 220 v neutral ?? regards robert. :D
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby cspeier » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:39 pm

I need some help understanding...

Superflow benches use a 110v 115923 motor. The Superflow site says a SF600 has 8 motors and requires a 37A Single Phase 240v. The Pro Bench uses 16 motors and requires 75A Single Phase 240v. I also checked the FlowData site and they use 8 motors in the small bench and require a Single Stage 50A.

I've read on the forum you can wire these motors in series, two at a time. So, with this style brush motor, a 110v, you can run it at 240v to cut the amps in half? Each motor is rated at like 11 amps. I think this is what I'm reading.

Anyone have a clear drawing of how to do this? Do you need all the relays like the article bench? HELP!!!!!!

Chad
cspeier

Postby ivanhoew » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:06 pm

ah thats what i was guessing chad
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Postby ivanhoew » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:09 pm

this is what i found today at the yard ,too small ? or would this be a better solution with a 3 or 4 hp motor on a pulley gearing it up to say 5 k ,its at 2800 rpm at the mo with a puny .55kw motor ,what do you think out there?stick wirth the 8 small vacuum motors ? regards robert
well!! i'll be blowed!!
ivanhoew

Next

Return to Flowbench General