[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Weather station?

Weather station?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bruce » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:10 pm

I'm looking for a digital weather station for temp and baro . . . what is everyone else using?

Something simple (somewhat cheap) to replace the analog setup (if you can call it that?) I am now using.

Feedback anyone?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 pm

Radio Shack has a Weather Station that I bought for my In-Laws. It can read two points for temperature, (inside the room where the display is and also outside) and also Baro. Nice display by the way.

I am planning on getting another one and then installing the "remote" so that it reads the plenum temperature. The "remote" used one 9 Volt
battery and the one in my In-Laws Weather Station has lasted for years even though it was exposed to the below zero Michigan winters.

Might be one possibility, Bruce. If RS does not have the dual (temp and Baro) remote any longer a Fluke 52 might work for inside the box and outside room air. The Fluke 52 is a dual channel set-up.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby blownalcohol » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Bruce,

I am currently using a portable unit I have for taking to various racetracks. It's manufactured by Kestrel and I think mine is the model 4000. It seems to be very accurate and displays a lot of information. I don't really remember what it cost, but I'm sure you can find them on ebay.

Jeff
Jeff Fagala
jdfperformance.com
blownalcohol

Postby Griffin » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:29 am

Does Flow Performance reccomend one for use with the FP1? I noticed that it looks for a weather station when you fire it up.
Griffin

Postby gofaster » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:59 pm

I got one for my dyno at Land & Sea, #430-465 Weather Station Module. They are not cheap.

Jim
gofaster

Postby Peter » Tue May 01, 2007 2:00 am

Bruce, I'll check the manufacture on the one that we use at our Dyno, It's cheap and accurate.

Peter
Peter

Postby bruce » Tue May 01, 2007 2:53 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » Tue May 01, 2007 2:55 pm

I called John at Flow Perofrmance - they have a weather station that integrates with the FP1. He wasn't 100% on the price since they only built 1 so far - hes getting back to me with a quote.
Griffin

Postby bruce » Tue May 01, 2007 4:37 pm

How timely was my post on this subject, I just got word today that Flowperformance is now offering a weatherstation to hookup to the FP1. Introductory price is $299, it will plug into the Aux 1 input with supplied cable, the FP1 will receive ambient temp, baro and humidity. It will use the same case as the FP1 uses, so they can be stacked and will look pretty good together with the FP1.

I ordered one, no more manual input for me :)
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Griffin » Tue May 01, 2007 5:13 pm

Cool - John said its definitely $299 then? I'll be buying one as well.

I just sent my FP1 back for a software upgrade and the addition of a third sensor

Oh Bruce - just sent you an e-mail about making some adapters. Thanks!
Griffin

Postby riga team » Fri May 18, 2007 8:08 am

riga team

Postby 115-1172523331 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:34 pm

I just picked up an OREGON SCIENTIFIC BAR898HGA weather station with 2 temps (one remote). They start around $30 at Amazon.com and go way up for the same model. Haven't used it yet as the bench is still under construction.

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby bruce » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:11 am

I finally had time to setup the weather station from Flow Performance on my flowbench and all I can say is . . . it sure is nice to NOT have to keep track of that info anymore!

So simple to hookup, install the 9v battery plug the cable in and connect it to the FP1. It feeds the data in and all you do is test, no more manual input!
bruce
Site Admin

Return to Flowbench General