[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Valve Opening Fixture - Pictures of my valve opening fixture

Valve Opening Fixture - Pictures of my valve opening fixture

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Well here it is, my completed valve opening fixture.
Total cost, just under $85.00
:D
Peter

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:17 pm

Another picture from the other side.
Peter

Postby Mousehouse1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:45 pm

Peter where did you get the material to make it? Did you machine the parts or have someone do it?
Mousehouse1

Postby larrycavan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Nice job Pete..
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:46 pm

The blue bar is simply a peice of 4 ft. t-track cut in half and bolted together, available from Rockler, the 3/4 swivel joint is from Gem Instruments, 3/4 round bar and 1x2x2 3/4 Alum. is from a local recycle place.

The knobs are from Carr-Lane, bolts are what they call toliet bolts (5/16-18 also from Rockler)

I think that's it, any more questions ?
Peter

Postby Rick360 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:07 pm

I like the looks of that!!! Nice work. :D

Can you show a couple pics from above and below. How does the valve opening screw attach to the dial indicator?

Thanks,
Rick
Rick360

Postby Peter » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:16 am

That piece is 3/4 dia. by 2.25 long. It has a .312 drilled hole that is 1.625 deep from the bottom. The rest of it is tapped for 1/4-20. There are two 8-32 screws on each side. This is what holds it to the dial indicator. I went through a couple of designs, until we prefected this one. I hope this answers your question. As for more pictures, tell me what you want and I'll try and take them.

Peter
Peter

Postby Rick360 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:28 am

Rick360

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Ok...here are the three pictures that Rick requested
Peter

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Side 1
Peter

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:48 pm

Side 2
Peter

Postby DaveMcLain » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:32 pm

That looks very nice just about the same as the Brezinziski for much less money. I have one of their openers and it's very nice and it works great I would have bought or built one just like it a long time ago if I would have known how much I would like using it.

I made a little adapter block on the Bridgeport mill for attaching it to Chevy Vortec style heads. It just bolts to the side of the head with two 1/4 inch pieces of all thread through some slotted holes. Then it has several 1/4-20 holes in the top where the "feet" can bolt down, very simple and very slick.
DaveMcLain

Postby Peter » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:29 am

Dave,

Lets see some pictures !

Peter
Peter

Postby DaveMcLain » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:49 pm

It's very simple just a piece of aluminum bar stock with two slots milled all the way through so that it can attach to the two little 1/4-20 holes in the side of the head. Then on the top side I drilled and tapped a few holes for the little mounting stands that normally screw to the valve cover bolt holes to bolt down to. I also milled out a place in the middle so that it can clear the tops of the center two exhaust ports. Here is the only picture I have of it on the net right now, see how it's mounted to the exhaust side of the head?

DaveMcLain

Postby riga team » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:03 pm

hallo Peter! super meter! i do indicator such foto 008;009 ;003; it's better - dont make changes; foto 003 i 005 i make entrance from od 10 mm till 13 mm , it's enough for me now
riga team

Next

Return to Flowbench General