[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - My 80amp SCR Motor Controller

My 80amp SCR Motor Controller

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby jsa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 am

That heat sink looks more like it.

Make sure you install it so the hot air can dissipate from its enclosure.
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby cspeier » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:25 am

cspeier

Postby cspeier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Almost finished outside bench. Need a couple pitot hookups. The main reason for the photo is the clear plastic holder on the panel. It's a hard plastic sportscard holder that holds together by a single screw. This will hold my orifice hole data and cd's for reference. I once was a big card collector and they work great. The top is stairway liner from ACE. It makes for a killer durable work surface! Though some might be interested..

cspeier

Postby msj442 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:54 pm

very sweet bench. i do like the stuff on top. is it rubbery or what? cool idea for the motor controller alot of amps all at once but very coola nd simple. lots more room on panel for other things if needed. very clean and simple. i like it alot.

what is the toy lurking in the back?

max
msj442

Postby coulterracn » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 pm

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby cspeier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:41 pm

cspeier

Postby bruce » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:57 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby cspeier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:34 pm

cspeier

Postby cspeier » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:15 pm

WE HAVE LIFT OFF! I've been playing with the POT all morning. Trust me, it's not going to get hot! I even left the POT and 1/2 speed and let it run for a full 6 minutes. I could touch the SCR.

I'll post more as I go but it looks promising!

It is ULTRA quiet!!

cspeier

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 am

If it is going to overheat, twenty minutes at absolute full power, with a wide open test hole and largest orifice will tell you.

Yeah, the noise reduction is glorious, and you now have full seamless and instantaneous control of blower power from zero to absolutely flat out at your fingertips.

A giant leap forward for any flow bench.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby cspeier » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 am

cspeier

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Fair enough I suppose.

But personally with electrical things, I prefer to know that they are not going to burst into flames if left running, or be prone to heat related unreliability issues.

As a former professional power electronic design engineer that has designed quite a few commercial products, I tend to be a bit cautious and conservative about some things.

I can only offer advice, nobody is obliged to take it.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:16 pm

49-1183904562

Postby jonathannc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:04 pm

HI.

Is the picture orientated the correct way, is the heat sink mounted 90 degree out. don't the vains run vertical not horizontal. sorry had to ask..

probably another one of my silly posts like my last post in reply to the scr and 120v motors on 240v.

very much catching up on content

nice setup btw both scr and cabinet

some of you guys have great qualities.

hopefully get round posting some of my own stuff for input.

regards
jonathannc

PreviousNext

Return to Flowbench General