[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - conversion ??

conversion ??

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby force 1 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:21 pm

I want convert feet/ sec to cfm ??

does anyone know the formula ??

thanking you in advance!!

Pat.
force 1

Postby 86rocco » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:08 am

They aren't the same thing so there isn't a direct conversion, feet/sec is velocity and cfm is flow but they are related so if you know the cross sectional area (CSA) through which the air is flowing, you can calculate one from the other

cfm= feet/sec * csa * 60 where csa is measured in square feet.

Note however that air velocity within an air stream varies depending on proximity to the wall, obstructions and various other factors so, the velocity must necessarily be an average.
86rocco

Postby trader » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:47 pm

Some additional help here....trader...

Changing one thing, changes everything...
trader

Postby force 1 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:00 pm

i want to build my first flowbench !!
and i want to understand all the technics before build it!!

thank you for all your information!

Pat.
force 1

Postby fchp » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:02 pm

Trust me, it's all here on this forum pretty much already. Take a couple hours and read through the old post. Make sure at the bottom of your page you can see every post in each section "from the beginning". If you have something specific you are looking for, use the search function at the top. There is a WHALE of information here.... just have to dig a little for it. But most likely you will still get stumped before or during your build (I know I did!!) and these guys will help you out for sure.
fchp

Postby force 1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:58 pm

I thank you all again for your information. I will let you know about the evolution of my flow bench.

Pat.
force 1

Return to Flowbench General