[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - add on motors to SF600 type bench - add motors to sf600 style bench

add on motors to SF600 type bench - add motors to sf600 style bench

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby cboggs » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi gang,

had trouble with my home made bench, .. the guy that build the cabinet
did a, .. um, .. well not a good job. it's coming appart at the seams, .
and now I can't do exhaust testing without blowing it appart.

I have a VERY busy shop and just don't have time to build a new bench, .
so I bought a Saenz 600 and got a great deal on it.

I want to make a small plenum box with 4, 6 or 8 motors in it, and figure out
how to plumb it into the saenz for when I need to test at high air speeds,
mostly intake. Anyone have ideas how to do this?
it's built just like a SF-600.

I know darin Morgan plumed two superflows together, ..

Also, .. I'm going to take some motrs out of my home built bench, ..
but before I take a chain saw to this thing, .. does anybody want
it or have a use for it?
It is VERY, VERY good at repeating on intake, .. I could tell if a mouse farted
while I was testing, .. ( shame to loose that for my road race heads )

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:45 pm

Well Glad that you are stepping up to a remote box with the motors in it. Make it so you can get inside the thing with minimal effort. I had a couple of motors give me issues on a Test bench at work and the ability to remove and replace the motors made the fix very painless.

We have a very simple divided box made from metal (it
is divided top and bottom) with a frontr removable plate that gives access to the top and bottom chambers.

The air comes in the bottom through port holes and out
of the upper chamber through other port holes. A 4"
nipple from each chamber allows testing either intake or exhaust when plumbed to an engine block.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 pm

Well Glad that you are stepping up to a remote box with the motors in it. Make it so you can get inside the thing with minimal effort. I had a couple of motors give me issues on a Test bench at work and the ability to remove and replace the motors made the fix very painless.

We have a very simple divided box made from metal (it
is divided top and bottom) with a frontr removable plate that gives access to the top and bottom chambers.

The air comes in the bottom through port holes and out
of the upper chamber through other port holes. A 4"
nipple from each chamber allows testing either intake or exhaust when plumbed to an engine block.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Return to Flowbench General