[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - 115923 run on 240v?

115923 run on 240v?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby cspeier » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 pm

This might has been asked, I did a search, if it has sorry for the post.

Can you run a 115923 Ametek 120v motor on a 240v circut? Basically using them with my SCR but at 240v.

Thanks
cspeier

Postby 49-1183904562 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Chad,

It would take two wired in series to to create the proper load, but i am not sure how these will act in the SCR circuit. Tony will know the answer to that.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby jonathannc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi all.

I'm a pretty new member here. therefore don't know how much other members know. one thing I do know I know very little compared to some.

that said i have messed around with SCR's, control systems electric motors to some degree.

These motors as you probable know are series motors as such operate on AC or DC.

Using SCR for control is great however for safety reason towards over voltage as in your case 240 volt to 120 v motor would factor in a safety margin .

setting the trigger threshold " limit the SCR firing angle" the SCR will limit an over voltage event from accruing so to speak. great for running a 120 volt motor on 240

you could also limit the variable resistor range of travel and achieve the same result.

running two 120 volt series motors on 240 volts in series is doable. however, if one of the windings shorts out on one motor the other motor will fail due to over voltage .

you could overcomplicated the system .for every motor have a feed back circuit controlling each scr for every motor installed if a motor started to show signs of pending failure would trigger the feed back circuit and power down the offending motor.

one thing I noticed when looking up your motor is the rated Average Life for 115923 its 500 hrs , that's like 2 hrs a day 5 days a week for a year or 2 hrs a week for 5 years. averages hay..
jonathannc

Postby bruce » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:05 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby cspeier » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:24 pm

jonathonnc

If I set the SCR to accommodate the 110v motors, will it have any effect on 240v motors I have in the bench?

I was going to run some cheapy motors along with these high end.

I'm just going to buy some 240v Lighthouse and forget it! :)
cspeier

Return to Flowbench General