[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - hello all new guy.

hello all new guy.

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby elmer fudd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 pm

goinb to troll around and learn as much as I can and build a flow bench this summer. heard this is the place to learn.
elmer fudd

Postby 86rocco1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Welcome,
This is a great place to learn about flow benches, all of the info you need to build and instrument a bench can be found here. I'd recommend looking at the formulas and spreadsheets, if you can get a handle on the math involved, understanding how build manometers, size orifices etc. becomes easy.

Great user name BTW, is there a story behind it?
86rocco1

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum Elmer....
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby elmer fudd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm

ya thats what I heard, im very green, but I have been doing non flowed basic port cleanings for awile and I want to take the next step.

"elmer fudd" I like all cars but, yes Im Volkswagen nut, rabbits being my fave, so Im always trying to get them Wesley wabbits.... ahud ahud.

I own a 1980 and a 1983. along with a 1990 jetta and a 1989 volvo. and up till this year I also had a 1995 golf. but I had my frist ever car crash and rolled it pretty bad (put the cv shaft thu the tranny) :;):

thanks for the warm greatings. how active is this fourm, a guess on post per day?
elmer fudd

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Activity comes and goes, but there are a lot of eyes watching this Forum.

If something interesting comes up, generally there are quite a few posts appear fairly rapidly.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Average traffic to this site (not just the forum) is ~300 visitors and daily hits ~12,000 so there is a lot of reading going on :)

The forum is pretty much self-moderating and members respect each other no matter what level you are at from the DIY'er to the Professional.

Edited By bruce on 1235607505
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm

you came to the right place elmer! there is no other!

welcome aboard, keep the aspirin handy as you will have many nights of information overload.

max :p
msj442

Postby 49-1183904562 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Welcome Elmer,

I cannot reiterate more what Rocco said, go through the spreadsheets, go through the math, then look at wikipedia search on Orifice Plate. Once you grasp the math and design concepts around it everything will make more sense when building a bench. This is truly a Brilliant simple solution to solving a complex problem.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby elmer fudd » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:12 pm

thanks all.
elmer fudd

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 am

I'm pretty partial to VW's myself, my first car was a 78 Rabbit and this is my current project car.
I really should take some better pics of her.
86rocco1

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:35 am

Who's Porsche is that sitting in the weeds to the left? Better not let Gert see that! :)
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:22 am

At the time that picture was taken, it belonged to my mechanic, it's since been sold and is currently the process of being restored. But if Gert seriously needs another Porsche, I might be able to hook him up, my mechanic's got another 911 and I know of a 928 who's owner recently died, it's a basket case i.e. all the parts are there just not on the car, last I heard, the ex-wife has it now, it'd probably go cheap. I would, of course, require a finder's fee. :p
86rocco1

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:29 am

I would love to have a 911! I had a 1975 914/4 back when I was "single", sat for many years in my garage once I got married, I sold it to buy my first lathe and mill and make room in my garage.

If everyone would buy more flowbench parts I could someday maybe afford one . . . then again they are not cheap to maintain!

Oh well so much for that dream . . . but buy flowbench parts anyways :)
bruce
Site Admin

Postby MrHijet » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:37 pm

MrHijet

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Don't tease me with talk of the Nordschleife, it's on my bucket list.
86rocco1

Next

Return to Flowbench General