[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - New to Forum - How many Motors?

New to Forum - How many Motors?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby madman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Hi ,i am curious regarding how many motors do i really need in my Soon to be built Flowbench? My hobby is Motorcycle Drag Racing,. I have 8 cylinder heads to fiddle with for my Suzuki 1425 drag bike. I ordered Plans from Bruce and am looking forward to tinkering over the Winter in my new shop i just built, Thanx madman
madman

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:48 am

From what I have seen I would think you may want to start with 4 just to make sure you are covered. Build the bench upgradeable to at least 8 but start with 4 motors. Larry Cavanaugh would be the one to really know on this.

And welcome aboard!

John
106-1194218389

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:00 am

6 Surplus Center blowers in my PTS bench build will get you ~400cfm @28", 4 will get you 300cfm@28".

Mike, welcome to the board!!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Welcome to the Forum Mike.

I would first figure out how much electrical power you have available, because in the end, that is that will limit how many motors you can run, or how much flow you can achieve.

Flow benches are always very power hungry, and power is what you will run out of first, chasing higher flow.

But you could start out with just a very few vacuum motors, but leave space in the bench to fit more later on as an upgrade.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Return to Flowbench General