[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Any Motorcycle Racers Here?

Any Motorcycle Racers Here?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby madman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Well i gues this isnt directly a Flowbench topic but i was just curious as to how many Motorcycle Racer, Engine Builders are on this Site? I ran mid eight second bikes in the Late eighties, Best was 8.54 at 154 Miles Per Hour. best o-60 1.14 seconds.. Won class at the finals that year.Anyhow Twenty Years Later going with the Neighbour to the Dragstrip the Bug bit me Hard again. Now i just finished a 1425 cc High Compression Kair Cooled Suzuki. 40 mm lectrons o/s Valves ??Ported??? Head? Automatic Electric Tranny. Hoping to add a home built NOS System (100 shot) to keep the Busas away from me. Should be fun. I also have eight xtra cylinder Heads to play with. Thanx
madman

Postby Otto » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:13 pm

do some harley gas bike stuff ;) :cool:
Otto

just another one man show
workin to play
Otto

Postby larrycavan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby madman » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanx form reply Larry. I run the rocker style 1100 suzuki engines heads. I always wanted a Cope Style Head but its so expensive. I am stuck just fiddling with my Head, welding up the rockers and regrinding them so they wont run off the Lobes on big Cam profiles. ect. Im hoping to get my plans soon and put my flow bench together. Im still wondering if my Vacuum Pump has the Jam to run a Bench for my Motorbike Heads?? Thanx Mike
madman

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Mike,
How big are your valves and how much cfm do you think they will pull? Check my thread out about using just 2 shop vacs It was quick and easy to build. I used Bruce's plans to just build the chamber side. I built it so I could learn about this before I expended the money and effort of building a big bench. This was a prototype but works so darn good I can't believe it. I will always keep it around.

John
106-1194218389

Postby Erik » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:20 am

Mike
Tell me what size valves and what cams you are planing to use and I will digg in some old flow sheets and see what flow you nead to make good power. I think the last 1150 head i did flowed about 165 CFM 10".
Cope did by his heads from Wardperformance at the end
so what do you mean with Cope style?

Erik
Erik

Postby larrycavan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:23 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:27 pm

Here's an old Starr Pro Stock engine modeled in PipeMax. HP is actual.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Dyno Sheet

I'll check but I think the head was about 130 @10"

Edited By larrycavan on 1227814390
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:05 am

31/27 flows 140/110 fcm @10"
33/28 flows 150/120 fcm @10"
34/29 flows 160/125 fcm @10"

This is standard for the prostock heads I used to do.
some heads did flow a litle mor with some extra work.
I use this numbers as references when i make my heads.
Ward did also deliver heads to Starracing.

Erik
Erik

Postby larrycavan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:24 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby madman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Ported GS1100 Cylinder Head .31mm intake valves & 27mm exhaust valves , I am currently limited with G3 cams but wish to get more from this motor. With the 4 valve heads rocker arm welding regrinding is required to run more cam so the lobe doesnt wipe off the follower pad. I also wondered who has done any rocker pad mods and how you did them? I have a puch grinder attachment for my surface grinder but i wondered welding rod type and teqnique if any required heat treat after ?? I still havent received my flo bench plans but am looking forward to working on it asap, I wish my heads flowed those 160 plus numbers? I imagine thats a lot of work to get a stock 1100 ?? or were those numbers with a Big 2 valve Mts or vortex Head? Man i got lots to learn. thanx Guys for youre time i really appreciate it.
madman

Postby larrycavan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:12 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:22 pm

This is a further developed version of that engine that was sold to customers. It was a 250HP setup.

Look at the actual vs PM calculated required cam lift....
larrycavan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Flowbench General