[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pitot tube guage

Pitot tube guage

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Mining4air » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:41 am

Just wondering if any of you guys know or some sort of guage that works good when using a pitot tube for checking local velocitys. I currently just hook it up to my verticle manometer, but that gets time consuming and the fact that I cant watch my depression reading when I change lifts so I have to keep switching it back and forth. I was thinking about just getting another manometer but thought I'd ask and see if there was something better out there that I should be using.
Pretty dont make power, but it sure sells parts.

Jay C
Mining4air

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:36 am

I use a digtal handheld manometer for my velocity readings and a 42" water manometer that I use (I like the water manometer better) and a few other small water manometers I use when I test carb fuel signals.

You could make your own water manometer with some clear tubing, that is what I used when I first started out, make a scale with a yardstick, paper or on the board you mount the tubing to and you are all set. If you make the scale slidable up and down it makes it easier to set zero. You can find everything you need to make a U-tube or well manometer here on the forum in back posts. There are a few pics also to help aong the way.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:29 am

I picked up a Meriam 0-200in digital manometer off ebay for around $50. It's calibratable and reads to .01" h20.
Greg

Return to Flowbench General