[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Surplus Center sold out! what now?

Surplus Center sold out! what now?

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby streetpirate » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:28 pm

with the surplus center motors no longer avalible, whats everyones next favorite (cheap) blower?
streetpirate

Postby bruce » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Although not cheap I was able to get Ward to setup a webpage with a discount for some flowbench motors here at this link:

Blowers/Motors are one of the most important item in a flowbench build so cutting costs here might not be the best thing. I'll be testing a set of each of Ward's blowers in my PTS bench over the next month or two and posting the results here on the forum. The first set is on it's way as I type this.

Edited By bruce on 1237497558
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby streetpirate » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:34 pm

it looks like the 122093-00 would be the best bang for the buck from central vac
streetpirate

Postby 86rocco1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Don't overlook local sources, get out the yellowpages, call around to a few local vacuum cleaner repair places, discuss your plans and requirements, your may be able to find local suppliers with competitive prices.
86rocco1

Postby jfholm » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 pm

If you look at the link Bruce just supplied you will see this quote " Prices include shipping within USA!!!" That is where I bought the Domels. They also have the Ameteks if that is what you want.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby streetpirate » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:09 pm

streetpirate

Postby jfholm » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 am

I would give them a call or email as I only bought 4. They seem to be very good to deal with. I cannot imagine limiting the sale to 1000 minimum quantities

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby Tomasw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:09 pm

That is the place were I got my motors from, Ward is a really nice guy to talk to and to deal with.
Tomasw

Postby jfholm » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:13 pm

I emailed Ward and unfortunately it is true. He said Domel has gotten really difficult to deal with. So yes as sad as it is those motors that say quantities of 1000 are just that.

But take a look at these motors along with the ones that are set aside for flow bench users;
Lighthouse motor #122093-00 @51.8" H2O it flows 91 cfrm. It is $99 dollars but that price includes the shipping in the USA. They carry a one year warranty and are made in USA.

There are also the flow bench motors that Bruce got arranged from this same place.
jfholm

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:40 pm

The 2093's use a lot of amps (13 if I recall) and are a taller motor so be aware of that.

I have a set of 9563's on order to test out on my PTS bench. I think these are going be comparable or better than the Surplus Center one's. I'll order a set of the 2093's next but they will be a tight fit in the smaller 8 blower bench.

Ward has all his Lighthouse brand built in the USA and they are over spec'd for his applications.

I know everyone is trying to save $$$'s but motors is not something I would skimp on if you plan on doing any amount of testing. We had it good for a while with the Surplus Center blowers and those that jumped on that deal got some good motors.

But, if you think about it you are building a serious flowbench for next to nothing when you compare it to a commercially produced flowbench and what they charge.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jfholm » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Bruce,
You are so right. I did not notice the amps. the 2093's are 13 amp compared to 9563's at 9.9 amp. I was blinded by all out CFM. Saving 3 amps per motor is a large saving especially if you are border line anyway.

John
jfholm

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:55 pm

86rocco1

Postby Sir Yun » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:58 pm

I just bought two Lamb 115519 220v motors for about 88 EURO each. the vacuum guy had a few hundred motors stocked but was adamant that all the small high watt stuff was not going to last (noisy .. load of watts but not much air moving). at least they look like they should stay in one part

5.5 amps max (but 220v) and while the specs are not huge it is enough for my modest needs ( 80 CID engines mostly ).

two should provide a reasonable 180 CFM at 25 isch H20 more than I will need and if not the Guy has an other one he is willing to sell at a good price
Sir Yun

Postby Chippy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:04 am

[color=#000000]I recently managed to bag myself 6 Ametek motors for just over
Chippy

Return to Flowbench General