[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - bench pics

bench pics

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby whtrthanu » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:39 pm

Ok, now that I have got about 1/3 of the way through the forums, my brain hurts......alot....I have been looking to buy a bigger bench for awhile, until Larry hipped me to this site. Now i gotta build one myself....
im not really sure how one of these big benches look with all the electronic crap hooked up, and for that matter how the #### to even begin using it......
I just need to see about how much room i need.....and roughly what the motors cost and what else will be alittle pricey..
Also, i notice there is alot of discussion about reverse flow on benches, why arent the motors just reversed for exh testing?
Thanks for the help............Mike
whtrthanu

Postby martyester » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:29 am

Mike, The motors are AC and only run in the direction they are designed. If the motors were DC they could be reversed. In addition to that, the fan blades are designed to be efficient in the direction they are running. To reverse the direction of the rotation would cause the fan to be very inefficient.
martyester

Postby whtrthanu » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:54 am

thanks for the info...........thats question 1 of about 1000 :)
whtrthanu

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:16 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby whtrthanu » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:33 pm

I definetly want to build a decent size bench, but i am alittle limited on depth. I would start building this bench tomorrow, but I really want a better working knowledge of flow benches before i get under way.......
Theres WAY TOO MUCH info on this site, so i have to take in alittle every night, other wise my brain will pop.... :D
whtrthanu

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Having EXCESS INFO is never a bad thing!

Tom V
thomasvaught-1

Return to Flowbench General