[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - hello, another new guy here

hello, another new guy here

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby joep » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:32 pm

hey everybody, i found the forum lookin for the old hot rod article on how to build a flowbench cause i'm not spending 10g's on a bench. I mess around with turbo charged cars and do alot of my own work. Having a flowbench would be a nice tool to have and test some of the stuff i paid someone else to do, due to lack of a flowbench.. I plan on buying the bruce bench plans here and supporting equip. but i don't know anything about flowbenches except it tells you how much flow you get though something and with other add-ons you can also play with swirl and tumble. so i'll be searching and askin as i go..
joep

Postby 86rocco1 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:15 am

Welcome. I'll tell you what I've told a number of other newbie here, first, you've come to the right place to learn about flowbenches I've not found another resource on the internet that comes anywhere close to what's available here and secondly, if you want to learn, start with the basics, teach yourself about the math involved with flow measurement. There are just a few concepts that seem a bit confusing at first but once you get your head around them, understanding everything else becomes much easier. To that end, there are formulas and spreadsheets available here, have a good look at them maybe attempt to dissect the spreadsheets little bit, that'll start give you a good appreciation of what's involved in flow measurement.
86rocco1

Postby Tomasw » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:45 pm

I came to this forum a few months ago not knowing a whole lot about flow benches. I have learned a lot on this forum, and purchased Bruce's plans and I am well on the way with my flow bench.
Tomasw

Postby joep » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:57 pm

woot! thank you for the welcome and my bench plans are in the mail!! I'll prolly build by bench outta HDF then glass it and paint it. Obviously i gotta figure out an access panel that i can seal and remove and reseal with little effort. I'll study the plans when they show up.. I'm guessing a large .250-.375 O-ring large enough to go around an access panel maybe? no biggie right now, still gotta build the thing first,lol.
joep

Postby bruce » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:37 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:40 pm

If someone can't build a flowbench from my plans . . . then they should not be porting heads or working on anything mechanical.

(I guess that might be a pretty arrogant statement) :D

Edited By bruce on 1238028102
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby joep » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 pm

hehe cool, you already figured that out for me! been busy reading and orifice is the way i want to go.
joep

Return to Flowbench General