[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Another newby! - General flow bench questions...

Another newby! - General flow bench questions...

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby bruce » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 am

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:18 am

86rocco1

Postby racehead-1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

86 rocco is right. Bruce made it possible for anybody to have a flowbench for $50 dollares, with all the suport behind. All his flowbench items are very reasonbale priced for the job that they do.
Well thanks Bruce and keep up the good work.
racehead-1

Postby RACEPUMPER » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:50 am

I'm glad that reply isn't directed at me Bruce!
It sure reads like it is! thanks for the welcome.
when I said 'reasonable' cost I wasn't being sarcastic, after the conversion rate it's about $92 Australian which is still peanuts for this type of information and to support what you guys are doing, I said I am quite happy to pay that, I just thought that if you could email it I might get it a bit quicker - don't be offended, I'm just keen to have a look before I start gathering more stuff and the plans may take a week or two to get here.

I said the cost was reasonable, I should have said it is dirt cheap - sorry for any offence

Has every one here ordered the plans like I just did or donated? I really hope so because I just copped a bit of shit for asking a straight sort of question.

Thanks for the oppurtunity to speak freely
Whats another word for Thesaurus?
RACEPUMPER

Postby Tony » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:02 am

Hi RACEPUMPER, I am down south of you in sunny Melbourne.

The fifty bucks is an absolute bargain for what these plans contain, and it also helps keep the Forum afloat. Bruce has funded the whole thing for us out of his own pocket. Note there is no garish intrusive advertising here, and no commercial sponsors. The entire Forum running cost is carried entirely by Bruce personally.

But having said that, the bench plans are the result of all the best ideas, and the most recent thinking of many great minds here on the Forum.
Bruce has compiled it all into his very detailed and easy to follow plans. you will not be disappointed !!
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby RACEPUMPER » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:16 am

Hey Tony, thanks for saying g'day It was nice to see some Aussies on here !!

I have just ordered the plans guys so please don't bash me anymore about how much of a good deal they are, as I've said in my other posts from the start last night, I know its a good deal and I'm happy to support the forum.

Thanks

jim
RACEPUMPER

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:46 am

Jim,
Another big welcome here! I am actually in Utah, USA. I love the forum as I have met people from all over the world. It always amazes me on how "NOT-HARD" it is to get along.

I think we need to make all the world leaders join this forum so they can see how easy it is to get along.

Welcome again,
John
106-1194218389

Postby RACEPUMPER » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks John don't worry I'll ask lots of questions of all of you guys, I hope you'll help out where you can.

Jim
RACEPUMPER

Postby Half-Inch Stud » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:13 am

:p Er ah, I'm a newbie. :cool:
Looking forward to engaging discussions on:
1. how to evaluate an existing cast port.
2. know what the ideal port looks like.
3. Know where to grind to take the existing casting up to its ideal without epoxy. :laugh:
12.9s @ 106.5MPH on 87 Octane, no ping. <--should be high 11's but I dunno why I'm so slow.
Half-Inch Stud

Postby blaktopr » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:37 am

Welcome to the board Mark. Get ready for the "addiction" and finding much more than 1, 2, and 3.

Chris.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:26 pm

106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:45 pm

This site is great for anything concerning the design, construction and instrumentation of flowbenches. Along with Mark (Welcome, BTW) and probably many others, I too would like to see more serious discussion on how to use these great tools we've built, how to analyze and interpret the data generated.
86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:55 pm

106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Yes, that sort of thing. Basically I'm interested in how to use the flowbench to good effect. How to find/recognize the clues that'll tell you (or a least suggest) what areas are open to improvement and which are not.
86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:15 pm

One thing that I found very interesting was I took a piece of string about 6" - 7" and glued it to the end of a piece of welding rod. Then I held it up to the port and let the string be sucked into the port.

It really shows off the air path and where it gets rough. I suggest doing this it is very educational. So just make your self a small fishing rod and go fishing for air. :D

You can also glue different size ball bearing to the end of the welding rod and probe you ports with them to see what happens.

John
106-1194218389

PreviousNext

Return to Flowbench General