[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Welcome! - Welcome

Welcome! - Welcome

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby 98-1074649673 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:09 pm

I want to welcome everyone over to the new board, hopefully I will not have as much trouble with this setup as I did with the last one!
98-1074649673

Postby 84-1074663779 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:48 am

Great to be back again. It should be a lot easier to find and follow posts with this new format.
84-1074663779

Postby Peter Christensen » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:58 am

Bruce, are you going to put up the old postings ?

petercc@uia.net
Peter Christensen

Postby Mouse » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:54 am

Yes, I like this format much better. Much easier to follow a thread. Good job Bruce!

Thanks

John
Mouse

Postby 98-1074649673 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:03 pm

If anyone has any thing they would like to see added let me know this board is so easy to make changes to! I was trying to keep the board simple to use. As I get use to the new board I'll open up some of the added features such as pics in posts.

As to the old posts from the last board. I do have them all saved. They are in HTML format and each post is a file. If I can figureout a way to copy them over I will. I might just make a file like the last archive that has to be waded through. Sorry but I'm not a webguru to make this change easy :)

I'll sure with the vast knowledge that follows this board it will not take long to be back where we were in terms of info. I value everyones input from a beginner that has no idea of what a flowbench even is to the person who is using one everyday. We all can learn from each other! I know for myself I've learned an awful lot from others here.
98-1074649673

Postby 84-1074663779 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:15 pm

If all the old stuff could just be lumped together as a read only archive, that can just be scrolled through or printed out as it is. That would probably be quite sufficient.

Hey guys, if you log in, it opens a few extra features. I really like getting an e-mail as soon as a new post appears. Saves me having to check the Forum all the time.
84-1074663779

Postby guest » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:47 am

Can anybody give me a website where i can buy a flowbench

Postby lou » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:01 pm

Hi.

I designed my own flow bench. I used a LEaf blower (Toro model) that I bult a DC speed control for. I used a PIC processor to control the motor speed, and I measure mass airflow, and pressure, and I have 2 "extra" analog inputs. I wrote a Visual Basic front end, and now I have a PC controlled flow bench that graphs pressure veruses cfm, and voltage vs cfm. I used this bench to calibrate air intakes that I make.

The only problems I have is that the leaf blower can only move about 200 CFM at 10".. I need to use a supercharger or something bigger to move more air..

Email me if you are interested.

lou@faustini.com
lou

Postby 84-1074663779 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:18 pm

You are quite right Lou. I think every one of us has gone through the leaf blower stage. I ended up burning out a brand new one pretty quickly, with too much restriction and not enough airflow to cool the motor.

The blower is really the biggest limitation of what you finally end up with, so spend some time testing various bare blowers before you build the main flowbench enclosure. There are lots of ways of doing it, available electrical power is what finally restricts most of us. Shifting air at decent pressure requires a lot of horsepower and amps.

The most popular solution is lots of vacuum cleaner motors, but I am not sure this is the best way to go about it. I use a large single centrifugal forge blower, pulley driven from a three phase motor. It runs at quite high speed to develop sufficient flow and pressure. A supercharger would also work very well, but is expensive unless you happen to already have something suitable.
84-1074663779

Postby Engine Equipment » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:54 pm

Engine Equipment

Return to Flowbench General