[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Check these out!!!

Check these out!!!

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby cspeier » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:00 pm

Ametek Lamb, 120v, 100 cfm, 50/60 Hz, 2.0 Amps, Thermally Protected!! Ametek #116839-50

Motors are protected, 2 AMP!!! What do you think?

cspeier

Postby 86rocco » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:13 pm

86rocco

Postby cspeier » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:21 pm

This is what I know:

100 CFM open flow
115 Volt AC
Vacuum ratings:
13 mm orifice 23" min 28" max
sealed 16.5" min 18" max
2.0 amps
1-5/8" inlet
Thermally protected
5-3/4" dia x 5-1/4"

One thing I really like is the cased motor, has to fix the brush turning backwards deal.

This is the 16-1246 motor on surplus center. I hurt a couple more motors and decided to look at one and take a chance. I can't find the number either on the site. I'm switching my bench over. I'm tired of killing motors. I had one blow up yesterday!! It actually thru the 220 breaker and I found parts inside and outside of the bench! Scared the living crap out of me!!!
cspeier

Postby Scott » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:54 pm

Sorry to say, but the specs look pretty cheesy, 28" thru a .512" hole and only 2.0 amps?
What is causing your motors to yak? Are you using a flapper check valve arrangement?

Scott
Scott

Postby cspeier » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:11 pm

Not sure what the problem is. Had it since I built the bench. So with eight of these motors you don't think I'll have any cfm? The motors I have now are 220v, 5 amp, 108 cfm, Vacuum 64.

No flapper valve. I have a FP flow valve. Motors are just junk IMO.
cspeier

Postby Tony » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:36 pm

So you need to put three of these smaller motors in flow series to equal the developed pressure of one of your original motors ? ( 3 x maybe 20" and 2 amps @ 100 CFM) = ( 60" and 5 amps @ 100 CFM)

Unless they are less than a third the price, I cannot see the point.

Personally I would prefer fewer larger motors. More motors probably means less overall reliability.

It's like sending three small boys to do a mans job, hehehe.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby cspeier » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 pm

Just got off the phone with John from Ametek in Ohio. The motor was made for a copier! I feel stupid. He did tell me that they might have some surplus they'd sell. I keep everyone informed.

A copier! It's a really nice looking unit tho!!

Chad
cspeier

Postby gofaster » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:03 pm

When in doubt, try it if it won't hurt you (much). Sometimes it's the only way to find out what something will do.
Jim
gofaster

Postby PFM » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:18 pm

All,

I do not know how many of these C&H Surplus has but they worked OPK for me, a bit less noise than the other AMETEK units. They also have magnahelics, manometers etc. from time to time.

Enjoy,

PFM
PFM

Postby cspeier » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:59 pm

PFM

Which motors did you use from C&H. How many do you have in your bench? What will they pull?

Thanks
cspeier

Postby PFM » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:22 pm

CSpeier,

The bench uses 7 of the C&H fans (Ametek) and 3 of the normal SF600 type Ametek fans. It does eat some power on full tilt. Tests show 500 CFM at 35" of water. The bench uses a Flow Performance flow element at 3" with a PFM radius inlet, to cut losses. It also runs a FP1 processor and a servo based flow control using the FP1. I just got enough breaker on the garage this weekend to let it run at full song for more than 30 seconds at a time. The first head on the bench and it is already showing me how wrong a guess can be.

Good luck.

PFM
PFM

Return to Flowbench General