[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Clippard Miniature Pneumatic Products - hose fittings valves etc in small sizes.

Clippard Miniature Pneumatic Products - hose fittings valves etc in small sizes.

Discussion on general flowbench design

Postby Jesse Lackman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:30 am

I don't know how many here are aware that Clippard makes a multitude of small pneumatic products that might come in handy for flow bench use.

I used some of their fittings hose and switches when I set up my dyno.

Here is their web site;

I'm going to be their toggle switches for the bi-directional pitots, just flip a switch to change the pitot impact FP1 source for exhaust or intake testing.

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby 86rocco » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:03 pm

THANKS! One of their 5 ported 4 way toggle valves will be perfect for my bench.
86rocco

Postby gofaster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:52 pm

That is a very interesting find. I was trying to use four toggle valves that I found at Grainger to switch my manometer lines from intake to exhaust mode. So far I have not found an arrangement that I like, but have not had much time to devote to the problem.

Can one of the Clippard toggle valves be used in the same way as four separate valves as though they were ganged to one toggle? That is what I was trying to make with my pile of Grainger valves.
Jim
gofaster

Postby Jesse Lackman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:15 pm

I don't understand exactly what you are lookinig for, would this one work?

is a 6 ported, 4-way, double piloted, fully ported, two position valve. It is basically two fully ported 3-way valves with common pilots. It can be used in a variety of applications including dual pressure opertations with two independent inlets,
Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby 86rocco » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:50 pm

A 6 ported 4 way valve is perfect but I think you don't want no that's piloted, as I understand it, piloted means that rather than being operated by a toogle or other manually actuated manner, the valve is air operated i.e. when pressure is applied to the pilot port, the valve switches and a spring switches it back when the pilot pressure is releaved.
86rocco

Postby larrycavan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:47 am

That was a good find! :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Jesse Lackman » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:36 am

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby 86rocco » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:52 am

86rocco

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:11 pm

Ed, maybe you could post a typical schematic for hooking up the valve (when used on a orifice bench) for intake and exhaust measurement to a Dwyer 246 manometer.

I have done this using two Three Port valves.

Center is common for each valve.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby 86rocco » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Sure Tom, here's a diagram of a 4-port set-up for intake testing mode of a typical orifice type bench such as the MSD, if the spool were moved al the way to the left, that would be exhaust testing mode.
86rocco

Postby 86rocco » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:46 pm

And if you recall my bench design because I've got separate plates of intake and exhaust testing I need a 5 ported valve. In the diagram below port A would be conncted to the low pressure side of the manometer, port B to the high pressure side, Ex1 to the pick-up below the intake testing orifice plate and Ex2 to the pick-up below the exhaust testing plate and the two pick-ups above the plate would have to be paired up and conncted to port P. The same sort of thing could be done in a pitot tube style bench if the pitot tubes for intake and exhaust testing shared a static port.
86rocco

Postby Jesse Lackman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:04 pm

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby Jesse Lackman1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Hey guys I bought some clippard stuff I thought I was getting six of the hose fittings but got six packages of ten. So if any of you need these;

I have a bunch of extra ones.
Jesse Lackman
Jesse Lackman1

Postby 5.0joe » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:28 pm

If I use the Clippard 5-port 4-way toggle, what hose sizes for the manometer will work with it? Or do you need to add a fitting to the toggle to adapt it?
5.0joe

Postby 86rocco1 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 pm

You'll need fitting of some description. This is one of the fittings that Jesse's got. They go from the #10-32 ports on the valve to a 1/16" hose. Different size fitting are available for different port sizes and different tube sizes. On my set up, I need 1/4" npt to 1/8" hose fittings, I can find the fittings I need at a local hardware store.
86rocco1

Next

Return to Flowbench General