[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Exhaust flow tube

Exhaust flow tube

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby Mousehouse1 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:18 pm

How long should they be? I need to make a few of them and need to know how long to make each tube.
Mousehouse1

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:00 pm

I believe six to ten inches of straight pipe is fairly typical of what most people seem to use. Maybe about five diameters ?
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby Mousehouse1 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Besides 1 3/4, 1 7/8 & 2" what other sizes should I have made? I mainly deal with small block stuff but would like to get a few sizes for the big blocks.
Mousehouse1

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:40 pm

1 5/8

Any tube size bigger than 1 3/4 will require a spread bolt pattern, so consider that into your tubes.

Peter
Peter

Postby gofaster » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:28 am

I use a length of exhaust tubing that is 8" to 10" long, with the same diameter and bend as the pipe the motor will run. I may be wrong, but I think the bend influences your port design if the first pipe bend is close to the head. I have seen a slight difference in results between a straight tube and an actual piece of exhaust header on my bench.
Jim
gofaster

Return to Other DIY shop equipment