[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - B&D Stone Holders - Repairing the Bronze bushing

B&D Stone Holders - Repairing the Bronze bushing

Place to post other shop equipment ideas or something you made and u'd like to share?

Postby pablo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 pm

B&D made a ball brg. stone holder?? How do you like it?
pablo

Postby bruce » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm

I haven't really used it all that much but it's the one I do use when I use the grinder. It locks onto the arbor via the grooves somehow and then spins on the bearings, I'd be interested in how it actually works inside? There is no friction on the arbor like the sleeve style.

I've never really taken the time to look at it to be honest . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Yeah it sounds cool. Never seen a ball brg. B&D setup, just the Kwik-Way.
Goodson makes a repair kit for the Kwik-way. Their catolog has some good pic. of it. New brg's, sleeve, key, etc.
Got some pic's of your stone holder?
pablo

Postby pablo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Kwik-Way keys the pilot to the sleeve and the stone holder rotates on ball brg's. They also have a internal bounce spring model available.
Sioux also has a ball brg. stone holder.
pablo

Postby bruce » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Better yet here is the patent drawings :)

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks Bruce,
Now I finally get the grooves in the B&D pilots. First time I've ever seen the B&D ball brg. holder. No need to take yours apart if have the cartoons. ####, they even show the bounce spring. Very cool.
Have you ever seen the Hall-Toledo seat grinder?? A friend of mine used one in his Harley shop in Chicago back in the 80's. Haven't seen one since, just pic's.
pablo

Postby bruce » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 am

Here is another one for you:
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 am

Now that's a Cartoon!!
Radius seat's back when. Now if you have one of those in your shop that would be something!! To cool for school!
Thank's for posting those Bruce.
pablo

Postby bruce » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:07 am

I just happened to find them last evening on a "chance" someone had a patent on the stone holder. The convex dresser was an added bonus.

I also found an old patent on a seat concentricity gauge that didn't look all that hard to build . . . ah yes another project!

It's amazing what you can find doing a patent search, so many ideas!
bruce
Site Admin

Postby pablo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Bruce,
Found B&D ball brg. stone holder on Ebay. Looks to be in okay shape.
Any advice?
pablo

Postby bruce » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Yes don't post the ebay link or everyone on here that has a B&D will be bidding against you :;):
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Paul,

I have some of each and the only difference I can tell you is the is only as good as the pilot it fits against, I find the good bronze bushed ones with a trop or two of 90-140 work just fine.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby pablo » Sat May 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Getting some Mat'l. from McMaster Carr. for the 9/16 Thd. bushing. Might be workin on the stone holders next week.
On my B&D valve refacer I spent some time with some light from underneath. The top cover looks to have a total of 4 bolts attaching it. I can get to 2 of them no problem. The 3rd one required a swivel socket. Barely got it loose. Bad angle.
The 4th one, well that one is gonna require some work, as the one lead screw is directly over it.
pablo

Previous

Return to Other DIY shop equipment